Front audio jack isnt working

Status
Not open for further replies.

aWildLuke

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
My front audio 3.5mm jack and mic jack arent working so i cant hear sound through my headphones. It was working fine just yesterday and now it says i have no headset plugged in help?

aWildLuke

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

ASUS M5A97 R2.0

And no i didnt leave it on overnight and yes i've rebooted it several times

boju

Distinguished

Alright np, sorry im aware it was a silly question just some people tend to leave them on 24/7 for various reasons and the sound software can break down.

If (hoping) nothing has broke, has there been any Microsoft updates done since it was last working? Or anything else you could have done differently to system settings without realising?

Haven't checked the motherboard but guessing you're using onboard Realtek? Try updating from http://www.realtek.com.tw/ giving the chance updating may reset the input jacks.

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Well if its nothing on the software end, then it would either be a bad motherboard or front audio panel. If sound still works through the back (which it would seem that way) I wouldn't think it would be a bad audio chip on the motherboard, but possibly a bad header (I feel like that would be unlikely, but possible).

You could always get into contact with your case manufacturer and see if they will ship you a new front I/O panel. NZXT did that for my case when one of the USB 3.0 ports died. It took a few weeks for everything to get shipped and get here but it was completely free. I didn't even need to send back the old panel.

You could also invest in a cheap discrete sound card that has front panel capabilities like the Xonar DGX. I personally use this card and have no major complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.