Front Camera, Skype Confirmed for WP7.5 Mango

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

When is it coming!? My Kin 2 m is very stupid, it keeps freezing and I want to buy a new phone, asap. If the Mango isn't promised by October, I'm getting the iPhone 4...

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I am really excited about this. With Samsung making a WM7 variant of the Galaxy S2 I am looking forward to getting this phone. Previous version of WM were utter crap but WM7 definitely has my attention and I knew that the Skype acquisition would bring this. Personally, although I very much like the IPhone, I feel like facetime leaves a bit to be desired. Skype has always been extremely reliable and their HD Voice codec that they use not to mention that transactions between the client are encrypted is just a solid solution overall. I am surprised they did not adopt the idea of licensing their technologies to everyone. Better yea, how about they just go create a Skype RFC.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]maddiecollins11[/nom]When is it coming!? My Kin 2 m is very stupid, it keeps freezing and I want to buy a new phone, asap. If the Mango isn't promised by October, I'm getting the iPhone 4...[/citation]
I here ya!! One of these days I'm gonna 'Office Space' my Kin2. The ONLY reason I got it was cause it was Verizon's (at the time) only phone that had built in Wifi not requiring a data plan.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]This is a start, windows 8, once it's here, and if they make a phone as good looking as the iphone 5, i'm gone.[/citation]

WP has the best looking interface, apart from shortcomings of OS (many of which were addressed in Mango), the biggest disappointment has been the quality of hardware, so I fully agree with your assertion they need to get some nice looking smartphones based on Mango out in the wild asap. I think sea ray looked very nice, and if the final product turns out to be as good as, I will happily send my SGS to dustbins of history ;)

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]This is a start, windows 8, once it's here, and if they make a phone as good looking as the iphone 5, i'm gone.[/citation]

I am with ya there. Nice to have some slick alternatives. They need to get their app count up but I believe this OS has some serious potential right with some well designed hardware behind it.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
It is really a great OS for a first attempt; Mango will bring it up to speed, and then whatever comes next will be more innovative. Personally I think the thing that holds it back most is the fact that the only good phone (harware anyways) is the Dell Venue Pro. And as sweet of a phone as it is, there is simply better hardware elsewhere on the market.
Mango will make WP7 a good OS, they just need a good platform to launch from.

audiman67

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Been with android since day one owned g1, galaxy, and now g2x this phone is extremely fast and powerful but android is a flawed system as soon as windows gets there beast I'm switching I believe great things are about to come from windows.for every negative article you read about windows not making it just remember a couple of years ago when they said xbox36o wouldn't make it now its num.1 seller every month. So get ready pepole!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 6
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 1