Frustrating Remote Problem

Jmunk

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
So here's the situation: I have an LG TV, and right in front of that, I have a vizio sound bar. The remote that came with the TV worked fine (except sometimes it wouldn't be responsive). The remote that came with the sound bar worked fine. Then the TV remote broke and I had to get another one. Except those LG remotes are $50, so I just ordered a cheap one off of amazon.

The problem is that any remote I get off of amazon (I've tried three different), the TV is not responsive to, as the soundbar in front of the TV is presumably receiving the signal. If I move the sound bar, the remote works fine. However, I kinda obviously have to have the sound bar centered in front of the TV. The thing is, I downloaded an LG remote app on my phone, and that works perfectly fine. The signal does not get caught by the sound bar whatsoever. But I don't want my TV remote on my phone for various reasons. Is there anything I can do other than not having a sound bar or buying a $50 remote to get everything working properly again?