Solved! Fuji FinePix USB3 problem

Vox

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi,

When I plugged the data cable into any USB3 port my FinePix S5500 is starting to turn off and on continuously. Sometimes, when idle, it stops switching power off-on for seconds but when I try to copy, scan, whatever drive task it just turns off then at the same time it's turning back on. This switching is only for USB3 ports , when I plug it in an USB2 , its all okay.

I wasn't able to find any firmware / driver update for windows 10, only dead links, since this product is quite old.

I know about this official announcement : http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n150811.html
but there's nothing about S5500 unfortunately. Maybe it's also unsupported, but do you know any workaround how can I solve this problem? (Outside of plugging into the USB2, of course)

Thank you!

Solution

Not every model of every device gets new firmware.
Eventually, the company stops devoting resources to older products.

Or, maybe the camera is actually faulty.

Vox

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Update: I realized the power switching problem is not only for USB3 ports but USB2 too. The only USB port where the camera doesn't switch is the old USB1.

Do you know about any solution, firmware / software update (even unofficial) ?

Vox

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
I replaced my PC case some weeks ago, and nothings changed. I'll try it in a different PC tonight, but since the camera is very old, I'm not sure I can still obtain a cable for it.

"It's the camera" – does it mean it may not support USB 2 and above? If so, how come Fuji didn't release a firmware update?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Not every model of every device gets new firmware.
Eventually, the company stops devoting resources to older products.

Or, maybe the camera is actually faulty.

Solution