Fujitsu Siemens Offers Notebook Replacements '4' Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
of course they can afford this. They will kill in upgrades. If you think about it a tip-top of the line notebook 3 years after it came out is at best upper lower, to upper middle performance. If they are exchanging like for like then you will have to shill out some more money for that top of the line notebook. Where this will be an outstanding deal though, will be on their lowend as they will have to exchange it for a significantly upgraded notebook (die-shrinks, new chipset, etc...) as the tech evolves. Unless of course they offer a netbook with similar specs to your 3 yearold laptop in wich case your SOL. It all depends on how loosly they apply their “of like for like specifications” clause.

The Denominater

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2007
"The replacement Lifebook value will be determined by the original purchase price shown on the invoice, increased by 10% every 3 years. For example; a Lifebook purchased for £1000 today would be exchanged for a model with a recommended retail price not exceeding £1100 in 3 years time."

http://www.lifebook4lifeclaims.co.uk/terms_conditions.php

That's too good to be true... I'm no lawyer, but I haven't found any loopholes. There has to be one, right? Someone tell me what I'm missing.

The Denominater

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2007
Well, this isn't that amazing, but still:
"Only original Fujitsu Siemens accessories and upgrades should be installed during the period of ownership. The original Lifebook must be returned, in good working original order, with no damage or faults to the address provided in the claim pack sent to successful applicants. Returned Lifebooks will be examined before a replacement is issued."

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
While I wouldn't take a back a laptop with a broken screen or with some nails pounded in them, I wonder how they will deal with "normal" wear and tear. Still, that seem like an amazing offer. 10% increase every 3 years is enough to cover inflation and since computers are now selling for less and with more performance, you're pretty sue to have a top-notch computer!

erikstarcher

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
I bet they make most of the costs back by selling the old system on the used market. A three year old laptop still has pretty good resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.