Status
Not open for further replies.
G

1 "infinite loop" cupertino !!!

What are Trying to say here Apple ?

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]anominus[/nom]1 "infinite loop" cupertino !!!What are Trying to say here Apple ?[/citation]

I think you forgot a few words in there?

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I hope Apple paid Fujitsu some good amount of money for this change. You do not get this lucky everyday. Still, fujitsu might wanted to avoid any legal dispute regarding such matter.

meepstone

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
[citation][nom]aethm[/nom]Does it really matter what it's called if nobody buys one?[/citation]

I think a bunch of people will buy it, only reason they will is because its Apple product and they love apple. Got their macbooks, ipod, iphones.

What would be interesting is to know how many of the people that buy an Ipad actually would of bought another brands tablet if apple never made there own...

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
getting my 64gb this saturday. ironically i will be watching train signal movies on it studying for my mcitp EA. the reason most people didnt jump on the "other" tablets is beause they crammed an entire OS into them. and yes, people did but them. already sold out of first batch. april 12th is now the ship date for 2nd orders beyong the inital yield. ugh, i hate haters. ;) enjoy technology guys. who, knows. maybe great things will come from others because of this "better marketed" tablet than any other. peace.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]ugh, i hate haters. enjoy technology guys. who, knows. maybe great things will come from others because of this "better marketed" tablet than any other. peace.[/citation]
Yeah, enjoy GOOD technology, rather then a shitty product aimed at people too stupid to look past the brand name.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Fujitsu should have held onto the name, and then once the Apple iPad was released without owning the trademark, Fujitsu should have filed a lawsuit saying "We can sit around and watch other people steal our great names, or we can do something about it. We decided to do something about it".

Ahh, that would be epic.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]Fujitsu should have held onto the name, and then once the Apple iPad was released without owning the trademark, Fujitsu should have filed a lawsuit saying "We can sit around and watch other people steal our great names, or we can do something about it. We decided to do something about it".Ahh, that would be epic.[/citation]
It would. :)

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Fujitsu is not stupid. They probably saw that the name was more of an asset to them then their niche marketed device. They saw an opportunity to turn a bit of a profit on something that wasn't going to be making them much money in the future. If they waited to long, and then sprang a huge lawsuit on Apple, as suggested above, they would have forced Apple into a very aggressive litigious corner. The lawsuit would rage for years and Fujitsu would have spent way more money then it was worth. These are smart business people who have no ax to grind with Apple.

Fujitsu knows jujitsu, and they used it well here.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
i wouldn't have let Apple have it. not for a billion dollars. one reason: sue them later for more. coz they fkn deserve to get the crap sued out of them. and any fool who buys one of these should face capital punishment for ultra idiocy.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]These are smart business people who have no ax to grind with Apple.Fujitsu knows jujitsu, and they used it well here.[/citation]

i disagree. these are scared business people, bullied into the corner by Jobs and Co.
There is NO reason for Fujitsu to give up a name (and thereby undergo the cost on their side to rename products, service center management on said device, etc) unless they were coerced in some way. Of course there was money on the table, but I think that there are enough decent judges out there for fujitsu to have felt confident enough to be able to take this the whole way, without fearing years of back and forth in court. I would even go as far as to say, that it wouldnt surprise me if the big guns at fujitsu all got little warnings of some kind or another...hints at what would happen if they didnt play nice with "friendly" apple (who sues every1 else for anything anyways).

down with apple.

zilnicra

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
for all you "don't give the name to apple" folks, filing a lawsuit and then persueing it is a VERY expensive and time consuming endevor, ESPECIALLY agains a company that is as controlling as apple. I personally have owned one apple product in my life, and it was a 4th gen ipod, and i don't plan to ever buy annother one.

but if i ownded an iNAME that apple wanted, not selling it to them would be plain stupid, especially if you were not activly selling and promoting the product.

[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]i wouldn't have let Apple have it. not for a billion dollars. one reason: sue them later for more. coz they fkn deserve to get the crap sued out of them. and any fool who buys one of these should face capital punishment for ultra idiocy.[/citation]

seriously? a billion? i am so glad you are not a CEO for a company that has shareholders. a public companies sole legal responsibility is to make money for the shareholders. if im a fujitsu shareholder, im happy with this supposed deal, if im an apple shareholder, i am equally happy with this deal. it is a win for both companies on the monintary level.

G

We all know this was bound to happen. Fujitsu must be loving them apples.

G

Filing a lawsuit against Apple is no different than filing a lawsuit against any major patent holder. They have IP lawyers that will throw everything at you. They will lose but it will force you to spend money. Apple does not have some special playbook, its the same laws and the same tricks any halfway decent IP lawyer without a cost ceiling would do.

Fujitsu had a clear winner on its hands so it settled for a ton of money. That's what you do. Only "close call" cases go to trial when this much money is on the line. This one wasn't a close call at all. Why waste the time and money?

Maybe Fujitsu will use Apple's money to develop a tablet that can actually do more than an iTouch... Call it an "Orange." I'd buy it.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I do hope they screw Apple and make them pay big time for this one since Apple never gave a crap for even the smallest company out there for the slightest infrigmentation. Legit or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.