Solved! Full upgrade of HP Pavillion dv6 1154tx

Jul 30, 2019
Can I full upgrade like motherboard, chipset (intel core i5, i7 7th or 8th generation )and Ram of hp pavillion dv6 1154tx. My laptop specifications are:
  • Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
  • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz FSB)
  • 4GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM
  • 500 GB Hard Disk
  • 8X DVD±RW with Double Layer Support
  • 15.6″ inch (1366 x 768) High Definition HP Brightview Display
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1024 MB dedicated memory)
  • 4 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 1 eSATA Combo, 1 VGA port, 1 RJ-11, 1 RJ45, Expansion Port 3, 2 Headphone out, 1 Microphone in, IEEE 1394 Firewire, Consumer IR, AC Adapter, Integrated Fingerprint reader
  • ExpressCard/54 slot
  • Altec Lansing speakers
  • 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN
  • 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery with 90 W AC Power Adapter
Please tell me in details, what are the requirements for upgrading?

Solution
Considering you can buy a full working laptop with an 2nd to 4th gen Intel i5 for maybe $150, it's not really worth updating a system with a Core 2 CPU.

You may be able to add RAM to the system and swap drive for a solid state but not really worth the cost and time.

It's impossible to get a newer gen CPU in it, maybe a Core 2 Quad if your CPU is in a removable socket but even then it's limited by the power to the socket and BIOS so anything you try there is a chance it won't work.
Considering you can buy a full working laptop with an 2nd to 4th gen Intel i5 for maybe $150, it's not really worth updating a system with a Core 2 CPU.

You may be able to add RAM to the system and swap drive for a solid state but not really worth the cost and time.

It's impossible to get a newer gen CPU in it, maybe a Core 2 Quad if your CPU is in a removable socket but even then it's limited by the power to the socket and BIOS so anything you try there is a chance it won't work.

Solution