Functions of " and @ keys reversed on new Lenovo ideapad 305

Nichola_1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Hi
I have a new Lenovo ideapad 305. When I press shift @ key it types " and when I press shift " it types @. Their functions are reversed.
It briefly righted itself, I think after an update but has now reverted back. It is annoying.
I found another post with the same problem. The suggestion was to check the language input. I have done this and it is set to English UK which is correct.
Thank you

Solution
Have a look in Control Panel>Region (or Settings>Time and Region) and see if changing the keyboard setting to English UK, instead of US as it is at the moment, makes a difference.

Windows seems to be quite good at assuming everyone is an American.
Have a look in Control Panel>Region (or Settings>Time and Region) and see if changing the keyboard setting to English UK, instead of US as it is at the moment, makes a difference.

Windows seems to be quite good at assuming everyone is an American.

Solution

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
What version of windows are you using ? I'm in the uk, and every install of windows 10 I have ever done just sets the keyboard to USA layout, regardless of what you tell it about your location.

If its windows 10, they have moved the setting out of control panel and into settings.

Settings > Time and Language > Region & Language > Add Language

It is still in Control Panel>Region. Most of the guts of Windows 10 are hidden behind different ways of getting to them. The main settings have hardly changed since Windows '98 and XP but they're covered over in more layers of the pretty pages and icons of the GUI.

Nichola_1

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
I am using Windows 10 and the language was correctly set at English UK but I re-did it anyway and it has currently corrected itself. Thank you all. I will keep an eye on it to see if it stays right.