G430 works in gaming software but nowhere else.

tompettibone

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
My g43o headset stopped working today (kind of). When I go into the Logitech gaming software and run the surround sound mixer, it works. If I unplug the USB and plug it in using the jacks, it works. But when I try to play a game or watch a video with it plugged in via USB, nothing. I tried uninstalling the driver to the headset and reinstalling it and that didn't work. I'm up to date on my audio drivers. I'm out of ideas. Please help.

Computer setup; AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition, Rosewill Photon 750w Power Supply, ASUS
Sabertooth 990FX Rev1 Motherboard, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 120Gb, 2 WD Blue 1TB
HDD's, Enermax ETS-T40 CPU Cooler, CM HAF 912 case with 5 case fans,
Sapphire r9 280x toxic Graphics Card, 8Gb of G.Sill Ares RAM 1866, Windows 7
64 bit Home Premium

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Try this.

control panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound> under the playback tab look for your headset (doesn't have to have the headset name, it could be speakers, headphones ,etc.), right click the device and click test. If it worked correctly you should have audio that plays from the right and left channel. Then right click again and click "Set as Default Device".

sound.png

Next go to volume mixer. This can be done by either right clicking the volume icon if it is in the notifcation area and clicking "Open Volume Mixer" or by finding it via searching Windows Help and Support. You will see a list of programs and the sound level for each one. Check to see if the game or application you are using has its sound level muted.

If that didn't help the problem may lie within the logitech software of the headset. Also try what techy in AZ said and try the headset with different devices.

tompettibone

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Yeah. I figured it out though. My son or daughter must have messed with The Realtek HD Audio manager and set my default to speakers. I had to go into control panel and set my default listening device back to my G430. It works now. Thanks for the reply though.

tompettibone

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Yeah. I figured it out. My son or daughter must have messed with The Realtek HD Audio manager and set my default to speakers. I had to go into control panel and set my default listening device back to my G430. It works now. Thanks for the reply though.