Gaikai's David Perry Confirms Upcoming Facebook Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
I like Onlive and it works great for me but Gaikai is always having trouble with network connection issues and lag problems. I use Chrome and have a 30 Mbit connection at home and it tells me that i cannot use their service??? The only time it ever worked was when I upgraded to the 50Mbit connection.

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
My only experience so far with Gaikai has been The Sims.. and was truly pathetic.

They do need more server capacity and higher spec builds of games if people will be wooed away from dedicated gaming machines and much services like Onlive (and I expect Apple will supply one if they push TV later on). So I wonder if this means better socially connected but more traditional games (PC and Console quality) through the facebook service, with facebook helping with the server capacity issues they are having.

It could easily destroy a large part of the game console industry if that market because free to play and you can bring along whatever controller you like.. even Kinect.. Wii U tablet support later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.