Galaxy N10.1 N8010 not charging. Battery and cable already replaced.

Interleaf

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
I've run out of ideas. About a month ago my tablet stopped being able to charge passed 17-20%. Eventually the battery died completely and whenever I plugged it in it would start charging for 5 seconds and then restart.

By holding down the power button and the volume down button I could get into the android controls for a few seconds before again it restarted.

I bought a new cable and tried charging it directly from a USB port (this used to work before) but I got the same problem as charging with the original charger and cable.

So I bought and replaced the battery but nothing has changed. The tablet sometimes charges to 17% from those 5 second charge cycles and when it does I can use it for about an hour.

I don't know what else it could be.

Any ideas? Is flashing with a new ROM a potential solution? Even if the problem seems to appear when accessing the android recovery menu?

Solution
I've had a similar product with a Galaxy S 10.1. Replaced the battery, still slow to charge and quick to discharge. The only solution that I found was to replace the whole thing. Some things just wear out.