Galaxy Nexus Confirmed for December Launch in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"We just got confirmation from Samsung that the Galaxy Nexus will launch on Verizon in December instead."

Aha! No mention of which year! :)

TomsSound

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
"Samsung gave no reason for the apparent delay in what was originally supposed to be a November launch "

Possibly trying to fix the volume bug? Lets hope so... before millions more people have problematic phones.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Uh.. Verizon is quite a quality carrier, and AT&T has plenty of bells and whistles, and they have NEVER officially sold the Nexus line. Only Best Buy / Google direct will sell you a Nexus S 9020A that works on ATT 3G.
At any rate, it is quite surprising to me they ditched T-Mobile for the initial launch, given that Verizon is a CDMA carrier and generally goes against the grain with the GSM standard the EU is trying to push, but at this point Verizon has the largest Android following in the US compared to any one carrier, so perhaps it shouldn't be all that surprising.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]tomssound[/nom]"Samsung gave no reason for the apparent delay in what was originally supposed to be a November launch "Possibly trying to fix the volume bug? Lets hope so... before millions more people have problematic phones.[/citation]

The volume bug only causes issues on the 900Mhz band used for 2G coverage in Europe. As far as I know, no network in the United States uses this band, so the volume issue shouldn't be problem in the U.S.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]On verizon suck really, AT&T gets the shaft wtf, Was looking forward to this phone and now butkiss![/citation]

well at least the phone will be released fist on a cell network that's actually stable :)

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I hope it will be released in Canada at the same date, or at least not too long after.

BTW, I love how the author of the article got thumbed down into oblivion! ;) I guess this means that people do use 2G at 900Mhz somewhere in the U.S. I know it won't be a problem for me in Quebec!

nutmanmatt

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Dang come on put it on sprint! I currently have nexus s and its a rally nice phone putting the whole it sucks at picking up a signal thing side......

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]so explain to me somthing. i though google announced it would be called the "Nexus Prime" not the galaxy nexus. the nexus S is a galaxy nexus phone too[/citation]
Nexus Prime was more of a code name, the official name is Galaxy Nexus, they picked that name basically to show that both companies worked on it, since Google uses the Nexus name and Samsung is knows for their Galaxy line.

G

Really "some internet guy"??? SPRINT!!!!!!! are you kidding me. Not only is Verizon the ONLY service that works but it kills SPRINT by a thousand. If you're not on Verizon, you don't have a cell phone.

I can't beleive i just read what you wrote. Ha, funniest thing ever. "sprint", please !!!!!!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
How about they release the -unlocked- phone and "I", the consumer select the network ?
If they want network sponsorship to bring down the price, include coupons from the carriers to be used on a 'first activate' basis. Basically, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon etc can all have their coupons in there and YOU can select one when you first activate the thing. So you can still get the discount if you want and be stuck with a contract to make up for the contract, or outright buy it and be contract free.
Hmmm, I ought to patent that idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.