Galaxy Nexus Priced, Hitting UK November 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinkles619

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]goatsetung[/nom]900$ for a software update? I like my N1, but I want ICS... bah[/citation]

well, i think it appropriate to mention that this could be considered the spiritual successor to the galaxy SII in that it's the next flagship android device... and i seriously doubt that it's going to be 900USD

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Everything it that price over here, or worse iphone 4s 64gb $1127

Every time I see americans budgeting gaming pc's I get so mad.
and don't start me on petrol...

surda

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
lets just hope apple doesn't sue this one and have it delayed just like the galaxy s2, im really looking froward to this phone.

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
I don't understand why Europe always gets the releases before the US. It's not like Samsung is based there or anything.
- because in the UK they pay $900 for the same phone you get from AT&T 6months later for $99, but I agree that is a ridiculous ammount to pay for a device that has an average shelf life of 6months before its predecesor is on the market. supply and demand.

growup

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
I blame Apple for screwing us in the US and making us look like aholes. I think we should scoop up Apple and dump it in ... iono Cuba? lol

There... can we get it the same time as UK pwease :p

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]andyp363[/nom]Everything it that price over here, or worse iphone 4s 64gb $1127Every time I see americans budgeting gaming pc's I get so mad.and don't start me on petrol...[/citation]
Blame the Eu those assholes are some of the worst scum ever sued microsoft for 2.44 billion for not including other Internet browsers in its OS. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8415902.stm

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Yes Americans get cheap: cars, gasoline, hardware etc. compared to most European countries, but look at cellphone carrier costs.

I get 7Mbit 3g, with a 20Gb download limit on my cellphone for 10$ a month - yes 10$. From Denmark btw.
And i don't pay for any services besides that, only for making calls which is around 1$ for 15 minutes of talking. sms and mms messages are free and there is no subscription fee. I've been a cellphone user for around 12 years, and never had a call drop on me/service being down.

So yeah - Americans aren't that lucky imho

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]ChrisCornell[/nom]Yes Americans get cheap: cars, gasoline, hardware etc. compared to most European countries, but look at cellphone carrier costs.I get 7Mbit 3g, with a 20Gb download limit on my cellphone for 10$ a month - yes 10$. From Denmark btw.And i don't pay for any services besides that, only for making calls which is around 1$ for 15 minutes of talking. sms and mms messages are free and there is no subscription fee. I've been a cellphone user for around 12 years, and never had a call drop on me/service being down.So yeah - Americans aren't that lucky imho[/citation]

Yeah but don't you pay some outrageous price for gas...enough to deter people from driving or force them to drive intsy-bintsy tiny cars that don't seem too safe?

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]ChrisCornell[/nom]Yes Americans get cheap: cars, gasoline, hardware etc. compared to most European countries, but look at cellphone carrier costs.I get 7Mbit 3g, with a 20Gb download limit on my cellphone for 10$ a month - yes 10$. From Denmark btw.And i don't pay for any services besides that, only for making calls which is around 1$ for 15 minutes of talking. sms and mms messages are free and there is no subscription fee. I've been a cellphone user for around 12 years, and never had a call drop on me/service being down.So yeah - Americans aren't that lucky imho[/citation]

dam somebody new to be jealous of... those lucky other half of Europe get things so cheap lol

panders4

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
For the hardware, I kind of expect it to run around the 600 for the LTE version and maybe 530 for a non-LTE version off contract

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Yeah but don't you pay some outrageous price for gas...enough to deter people from driving or force them to drive intsy-bintsy tiny cars that don't seem too safe?[/citation]
In compensation we have other stuff that is cheaper, like health care, food,...

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]In compensation we have other stuff that is cheaper, like health care, food,...[/citation]
...and, again, appropriately priced mobile call plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 19
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 20
exfileme Streaming Video & TVs 93
G Streaming Video & TVs 18
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 80
dconnors Streaming Video & TVs 9
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 3
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 22
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 29