Galaxy Note 4. Some of my pictures are not findable by desktop usb search

Brigitte451

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
I can find MOST but not all of my pictures in: PHONE/ANDROID/DCIM/CAMERA. For example a sequence of 4 pictures are not there by usb but totally on the phone and viewable, no cloud no nothin.

Solution
One option is to do a search for the file extension on the phone, via the computer. Most likely they are JPG files, so do a search of the phone's folders, while it is connected to the computer, for anything with that extension. You would search for *.jpg

Also, if these are of images not taken via the phone's camera, but images you were sent or downloaded, then they could be of other format. GIF, BMP, PNG, etc., so you might try searching for those as well if you don't find them as JPGs.

If you still cannot find the files, you have the option of emailing them to yourself.

Note: Where the files were saved will also make a difference. Depending on if they were saved to the phone itself, or the SD card. It will then be different folders...
One option is to do a search for the file extension on the phone, via the computer. Most likely they are JPG files, so do a search of the phone's folders, while it is connected to the computer, for anything with that extension. You would search for *.jpg

Also, if these are of images not taken via the phone's camera, but images you were sent or downloaded, then they could be of other format. GIF, BMP, PNG, etc., so you might try searching for those as well if you don't find them as JPGs.

If you still cannot find the files, you have the option of emailing them to yourself.

Note: Where the files were saved will also make a difference. Depending on if they were saved to the phone itself, or the SD card. It will then be different folders when you plug the device into the computer. So if you don't see them under phone, try looking under SD card.

Solution