Galaxy S III's Insane Specs Point to 1.5GHz, 1080p Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiangyi

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
According to BGR's source, the phone will have....... and a ceramic case.

While the specs are definitely drool-worthy if they're true, the ceramic part has me a little concerned..........

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Ugh I hope it isn't a 4.8" screen... I don't want a tablet! The S II is the perfect size, I hope Samsung keep the phone the same size but give a bezel-less screen so the screen itself is slightly bigger :)

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
The thing is, because of the extremely thin bezel the device probably isn't any larger then the typical 4.5/4.6 smart phone. A 4.8" 1080p display would be simply insane. I didn't realize panels with that kind of pixel density even existed.

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Should be about the same specs for the iPhone 5 if they ever finally make it.

I also agree about the size your within .5in of the Galaxy Note both of which i would think are too big to carry in a pocket.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]Ugh I hope it isn't a 4.8" screen... I don't want a tablet! The S II is the perfect size, I hope Samsung keep the phone the same size but give a bezel-less screen so the screen itself is slightly bigger[/citation]

Realize that some of that screen size is taken up by the "buttons" as seen with the Galaxy Nexus. As a GN owner, I can tell you that the screen size doesn't detract and the actual phone is fairly close in size to the GS2 (which has physical buttons instead of on screen buttons like the GN or GS3 has).

G

I would have been happy with a 1280x720p screen, BUT THIS IS AWESOME!!!

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]Fancarolina[/nom]Should be about the same specs for the iPhone 5 if they ever finally make it.I also agree about the size your within .5in of the Galaxy Note both of which i would think are too big to carry in a pocket.[/citation]

Nah Apple is usually a cycle or two behind when it comes to hardware refreshes especially compared to samsung.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]Realize that some of that screen size is taken up by the "buttons" as seen with the Galaxy Nexus. As a GN owner, I can tell you that the screen size doesn't detract and the actual phone is fairly close in size to the GS2 (which has physical buttons instead of on screen buttons like the GN or GS3 has).[/citation]

Very true. I've got an Evo 4G that if I take out the button area and make the borders thin like this I could have a a little over a 4.75" screen which is 0.45" over the spec screen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.