Galaxy S3 Internal memory vs SD card

Solution

Ed, I don't know if you've already upgraded your phone, but the card you selected is decent, I've seen faster class 10 cards, but realistically you won't notice a difference unless you're transferring a large file. The speed at which your phone reads any device is depended on it's internal bus speed and the speed of the data card. Once you...

GeekThief-1354135

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
i have a samsung galaxy S3 and you can not run app/programs from the sdcard :'(
as for speed. it's Class 10. which is as fast as sdcard's get right now. but i don't now how fast the internal memory is for read/write speeds

Ed Hunter

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

There is a way to trick your phone into thinking your sd card is the internal storage (you gotta root your phone and stuff...) I just wondering because if SD card has sufficient speed il buy the 16gb model but if not il buy a 64gb/32gb model

tqpham

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

Ed, I don't know if you've already upgraded your phone, but the card you selected is decent, I've seen faster class 10 cards, but realistically you won't notice a difference unless you're transferring a large file. The speed at which your phone reads any device is depended on it's internal bus speed and the speed of the data card. Once you install the card in your phone you can run a speed test and it will give you conflicting info because one number will be for the internal speed between your phone and the SD card and the other number will be for communicating with other devices like your computer. The internal communication is always a lot faster for obvious reason. Here is a link that will show you how to swap out the storage of all your apps to the external card and will allow you to run apps off of it. It will require you to root your phone, but that isn't as scary as it sounds. You don't have to install a custom ROM, you can just do a simple root to gain full access to your phone. Another benefit is that you can get rid of all the bloatware that Samsung decided you should have on your phone. Getting rid of these apps that you probably never use will free up some storage as well as speed up your phone a little because it will free up some of that RAM they hold in reserve for themselves. If you don't want to delete these apps, you can still use an anti-virus/firewall like Avast to stop all these apps from loading automatically, thereby freeing up the available RAM. If you surf a lot and download a lot, Avast is your best friend and it is free. Avast regularly warns me about attacks as I'm surfing or downloading so I can believe there are still people out there who treat their phones differently than a computer. Enough of the rant, here is the link. http://www.androidpit.com/galaxy-s3-note2-memory-bump

Solution