Solved! Galaxy S3. Notications bar OK, lock screen unresponsive.

alan_surry

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2003
I've got an unusual problem on my wifes Galaxy S3. I can swipe the screen to unlock the phone, but the touchscreen then locks and is completely unresponsive so I cant use the phone at all. The notifications bar will swipe down and the menus are accessible and very responsive. It's almost as if the moment I swipe to open the phone, some form of screenlock kicks in, that prevents the main part of the screen from responding but not the notifications bar. I can't access the settings menu in the bottom left corner for the same reason, though it lights up, so it's responding to or sensing my finger. Any suggestions for getting in to the settings and resetting it somehow would be appreciated. Cheers.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it works fine in there. Granted you can't access most apps, etc., but if the screen reacts fine from there, then you know it is something on the device. Bad app, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.