Galaxy s4 to s5??

danielchew

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Hey guys what do you think that should i upgrade my GS4 to the GS5?? I loved the s5 in terms of the hardware but my s4 software is also dragging me by..

Solution
Truthfully I don't think the S5 is worth the money if you have an S4. The increase in performance is too small to justify the price. Additionally, since the GS4 camera is already fantastic, this too, is not worth the upgrade. The fingerprint scanner is cool and all but you should consider how much that really means to you realistically if that's all you have left to persuade you.

Now, I have a Galaxy Note 3 and while I am almost certain the Note 4 will be a small upgrade as well, I will probably get it but only because I have that T-MO JUMP thing going for me, so why not? If you or I are paying full price, certainly not worth it (but if you can sell your current phone for a good price, go for it).

Check out some benchmarks and...

AGx-07_162

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Truthfully I don't think the S5 is worth the money if you have an S4. The increase in performance is too small to justify the price. Additionally, since the GS4 camera is already fantastic, this too, is not worth the upgrade. The fingerprint scanner is cool and all but you should consider how much that really means to you realistically if that's all you have left to persuade you.

Now, I have a Galaxy Note 3 and while I am almost certain the Note 4 will be a small upgrade as well, I will probably get it but only because I have that T-MO JUMP thing going for me, so why not? If you or I are paying full price, certainly not worth it (but if you can sell your current phone for a good price, go for it).

Check out some benchmarks and comparisons between the two.

Solution

Zircoben

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014

The S4 will get an update to the S5's software. In real world uses, you will NOT notice the difference between the two. The CPU is very capable in the S4 and the camera is fantastic in both. Unless you are willing to pay $600+ for a not-great fingerprint scanner and some very small other improvements (display, body, CPU), it is simply not worth your time or money.

njagga

Estimable
May 11, 2014
It's not worth it. There may be a lot of difference in hardware, but you will not find any difference in the fluidity of the phone. I have a Moto X, I could have upgraded to any new phone, but I didn't because it isn't worth it at all! Unless you are going to be doing benchmarks all the time (highly doubted) then stick with the S4 until the S6 comes.