Galaxy S4 to S6

lynmckay

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016
Smart switch won't download on my S4. T mobile techs couldn't get their machine to do it either. I'm stuck. I can't access my address book. The tech got my google book, but it's only old numbers from years ago. All the new ones are in the phone book. I'd love to bring in my MSN contacts from my PC. I can't get my phone to talk to my PC either. I think there may be something wrong with my S4. THANKS for your help! Lyn

Solution
Use Bluetooth or NFC. On your S4, go to your Contacts/phone book. Unsure what version of Android you are running, but there should be options to "Share" your contact list. It should be able to send it to another device via Bluetooth or NFC. You can even alternatively upload them to a cloud service and just retrieve them on the new device. I believe this method excludes social media contacts though.
Use Bluetooth or NFC. On your S4, go to your Contacts/phone book. Unsure what version of Android you are running, but there should be options to "Share" your contact list. It should be able to send it to another device via Bluetooth or NFC. You can even alternatively upload them to a cloud service and just retrieve them on the new device. I believe this method excludes social media contacts though.

Solution