Galaxy S6 Takes Better Photos than iPhone 6 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesare123

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
How is the Auto-focus? Is the S6 slower in taking shots in low-lights or of fast-moving subjects compared to the i6+?

PureGaming

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
The yellowish (warm) effect on the Galaxy S6 is annoying. Is it because of the auto mode? because I've seen a video on youtube where you can control the WB (white balance) and It'll give way better images. Please do a test of the pro mode feature.

rutherfordsc

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
The yellowish (warm) effect on the Galaxy S6 is annoying. Is it because of the auto mode? because I've seen a video on youtube where you can control the WB (white balance) and It'll give way better images. Please do a test of the pro mode feature.

The yellowing effect on the S6 can sometimes be a little too heavy handed, but in the low-light portrait above, that's how Valentina actually looked. Even though the iPhone 6's image might be a little more pleasing, it's less accurate.

The S6 has partial access to the Camera 2 API within Android 5, so you can adjust white balance, ISO, shutter speed, exposure compensation and more.

In terms of videos, the S6 has the iPhone 6 beat too, except for the iPhone 6's superior slow motion feature.

PureGaming

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
The yellowing effect on the S6 can sometimes be a little too heavy handed, but in the low-light portrait above, that's how Valentina actually looked. Even though the iPhone 6's image might be a little more pleasing, it's less accurate.

The S6 has partial access to the Camera 2 API within Android 5, so you can adjust white balance, ISO, shutter speed, exposure compensation and more.

In terms of videos, the S6 has the iPhone 6 beat too, except for the iPhone 6's superior slow motion feature.

You mean it's not realistic? I just watched a video where the person was holding both the G6 and the i6 next to each other with the camera on and there was this table behind the two phones. I noticed that the camera used to record the video itself is showing the table in yellow while the iPhone 6 was giving it more of white-bluish color and the G6 is giving the true color of the table. I still felt that the iPhone 6 gave a gorgeous image. It's quite deceiving, you can't tell which is the most natural looking.

dgwine

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015
you know, you should be comparing the gs6 and the i6, not the i6+. compare the i6+ to the note 4, ans they are both $300 on contract. if the gs6 vbeats the i6+, then it will DEFINITELY beet the regular i6

tagenikang

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
Iphone 6 plus has low mp then s6. It is very sure that galaxy 6 is much more better then i phone 6 plus. I phone 6 must compare to galaxy s2 ,which has also 8 mp.

clover80

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
Iphone 6 plus has low mp then s6. It is very sure that galaxy 6 is much more better then i phone 6 plus. I phone 6 must compare to galaxy s2 ,which has also 8 mp.
this is the dumbest thing I have ever read you obviously know nothing about photography or anything about tech or follow tech. until now the iPhone has beed every Android phone every single year in the photo department last year the s5 had a higher megapixel count and the iPhone 6 still crushed it. Samsung did a fantastic job on the s6 and should be commended for finally beating beating the iPhone but you say something moronic like it should be compared to the s2 because of a megapixel count shows you have no information on the subject. you should educate yourself before you start putting rubbish on the Internet

elleny

Estimable
May 6, 2015
S6 does show yellow under indoor light, it doesn't reflect real color and its length seems too wide angled and change shape of your face if your are taking picture for yourself, the picture is over exposed too. those problems iphone 6 doesn't have, iphone still take best pictures in all situation

Status
Not open for further replies.