Galaxy S6 vs. iPhone 6: Which Should You Choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGilder Michael

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Lets look at this with a, what will probably, happen. Eventually. Down the road, some time. The world, will eventually be, ‘blanketed’, with Wi-Fi. It will be a ‘common’ resource. Such as the air we breathe. The upkeep, on such a project, will be paid for with the advertising. The ‘big boys’, in telecommunication, att, sprint, t mobile, and the likes. Will just have to take their ball, and go home. They had their reign. And it was good, and now it’s over. Let us have the progress shine, and do this blanket of Wi-Fi now!

Goodspike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Odd Samsung didn't offer some wifi calling option--I hadn't even thought of that until this article.

Seemingly the S6 kicks the S's butt in every area, but I suspect it won't even sell well compared to other Android options, which Samsung's existing customer base will turn to.

Droslovinia

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
"Says it sold?" Is there some alternative verified figure elsewhere that disputes Apple's sales figures? What are Samsung's sales figures, btw? It makes little sense to talk about one company's "dubious" figures and not offer the others for the sake of comparison. For that matter, why is "find my mobile" a special feature for one phone but "find my iPhone, which has been around for a long time, not a special feature for the phone you're comparing it with?

And that leads to the biggest question: If Samsung's new phone is as great as it looks on paper, why the need to compare it with someone else?

Why is Apple Pay a feature, when NFC payments have been a thing for years? Why is WiFi Calling a feature for Apple, when Android has been able to do that for a while now?

Where would sale numbers for the Galaxy S6 be found for comparison, when the phone is not on sale yet? Nobody said Apple's numbers were dubious; it states "says it sold" because although nobody has disputed it, nobody can verify it either unless Apple publishes hour-by-hour sales numbers.

The S6 is compared to the iPhone 6 because that's business. The two are direct competitors, two of the biggest players in the smartphone market. They've been trying to one-up each other for years now. When a new flagship phone comes out, it is invariably compared to the current top models. You compare new, not yet available products to things that are already out, to give people a point of reference. That's just how reviews are done. The iPhone 6 was compared to Android phones in the same way.

Tre Torri

Estimable
Mar 6, 2015
This article is biased, a look on the feature comparison table was sufficient to conclude that...The article was either done by an Apple fan deliberately downplaying samsung and celebrating iphone, or the author just doesnt know enough about technology.
I for one will be upgrading my iPhone to an S6 which is superior in all the aspects unless Apple Watch changes my mind.
PS I dont undestrand why nobody is talking about how revolutionary Samsung Pay technology is...

drouellette

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
No Removable Battery and No MicroSD slot = No Sale, not interested-
(i use microSD in every moble device I only, tablets, laptops, digital camera's, blutooth speakers, mobile phone) 1. cant get to the cloud on a bluetooth speaker or my digital camera. 2. most displays I have access to, have microSD, but are not networked)
3. you charge alot of money for your product, and no longer include microSD expansion or removable battery-

points: microSD is definitely more secured then cloud storage, microSD cards are cheaper then cloud storage, always accessable and usable in devices that dont have network/internet access but do have memory card slots, some printers, some TVs, cameras, etc.

Having a removable battery, always me to upgrade the battery or replace it, via amazon, rather then bringing into a store to purchase a new phone! I agree with VanGilder that wifi will blanket the world, but, really, will it continue to be free? you know ISPs will up their rates to the Micky D's, starbucks of the world to a point where the customer will need to pick up the tab

Status
Not open for further replies.