Galaxy S8 vs. LG G6: Which Phone Will Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry_99

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
The media needs to stop hyping the curved screen! A curved screen is a useless and detrimental addition to a smartphone. It adds nothing to the phone and is a problem when your unable fit a screen protector because of the curved screen. Even the Galaxy S7's 2.5D screen has this problem and it's supposedly the flat version!

Antoine_5

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
I love LG and I'm not a Samsung fan at all, but the Galaxy S8 is way more popular than the G6. The LG G6 will have a good run though and will definitely be the best selling G series for LG, but to out sell Samsung...no!
The Galaxy's won't do as much in sales as they have done in prior years though!

Just like some people are waiting to see before purchasing the G6 what the S8 has, some people are going to wait and see what the Apple IPhone 8, Samsung Galxay Note, and LG V30 bring to the table.
So i think the new thing for 2017 and beyond will be the...wait and let's see game, because everyone now knows that the best one's are released towards the middle-end of the year!

Mischa_1

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
Important to note with this aspect ratio you are getting the display area of a 5.4 inch display at 16/9

Kannan_4

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
G6 will give you the best bang for the buck. Pros with S8 (in whichever areas it has) is not worth the price gap.

Omar_74

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I will be getting the lg g6 i had samsung s6, s7 edge and they all had crappy battery life and would get really hot.. Uh uh not going tru that again ,yes s8 looks tempting but i had bad experiences with all i had .. My mom has the lg v20 and its great never gets hot and her battery life is waaay better than the Samsung phones i had. Hers last all day with a single charge and shes on it with 75% brightness on all day long. Something i couldnt do with my samsung phones brightness i had to have it lower than 40 which made it hard to see in daylight and even like that battery was bad .. Hopefully the lg g6 i get is like my moms v20 .

Wocius

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Very disappointing article. Almost everything it says can be gleaned from comparing the spec sheets for the two phones, except for the battery rundown test and the Geekbench4 and 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited tests (and, of course, the hackneyed "AMOLED colors are richer and blacks blacker than LCD") -- and what is the real-world difference of those scores? I would like to know, and I think other readers would also like to know, how do the phones handle, how convenient are they to use, is there any lag, how is wi-fi and 4G reception, what is the quality of voice calls [assuming they are ever used for that], how is the preloaded software, etc.

one_1_

Prominent
May 5, 2017
it offers a versatile dual-lens camera and a fairly compact design given its large 5.7-inch screen. We also like that it's a bit cheaper than the S8.

its like saying i prefer a toyota over a porsche/ferrari with above reason.

Joewardsworth

Prominent
May 15, 2017
My g6 is a great phone. I stream music all day and still have plenty of battery left. I also think the video streaming , color w Dolby video is excellent. Why spend the extra & on the S8 ?

chebi_

Prominent
May 22, 2017
Hey guys check this up! LG is giving away a Mercedes-Benz and the latest LG Tech (including TV, G6 Phone, Smart watch and Bluetooth speaker).
It’s a free prize draw open to everyone. Offer runs until 31st May.
Everyone gets 3 tickets for signing up and additional tickets through sharing videos and buying a G6 phone to increase chance of winning.

Raleigh66

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
in the end its come out that the lg is more practil to use the samsung may go to model shows and win
as more look but the edge screen doesnt give anything (compare to the note 4 edge) and one that stand on all
who is stronger that can take more punish the lg is far away before the samsung
and i application the lg is more simple to use on one hand and no fear it will slide from your hand
and it did showed that g have a divice with 64 giga
no i will not buy that s8 over the lg g6

Philomorph

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
How is the true performance of either phone? Some reivewers complain that the S8 is laggy as heck, which has been my experience with the S5 too... Samsung can't stop messing up Android. But I've never used an LG phone to compare...

Status
Not open for further replies.