Galaxy Tab 7.7 Pulled from IFA Following Apple Injunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
What is apple's argument?

It seems to me that they're trying to patent the idea of a tablet.
Perhaps the Samsung tablet was a real contender? Apple... are you worried?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Lol, it's despicable how they can use loopholes in laws to kill off the competition in the West. Something like that wouldn't happen in Asia, ever... people here just have a different mindset. Competition giving trouble? Make a better product!

You noticed that Apple isn't going after other tablet makers, right? Why? Because Samsung is a threat. The rest are pushovers. Except for the Asus Transformer... but it's too different for them to mess around with it.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Could someone actually list the patents which are supposedly being breached so we can make an accurate judgment as to how idiotic they are or not. It would be a nice addition to any articles written about this subject in the future.

PandaMarius

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
What is the basis for removing, by law, a product that is direct competition to your product? How can that even be legal?

Man, I have always said this, and I'll keep saying it; Fuck Apple.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
i hate apple i hate apple
Apple just doesn't want competition to them.Competition is always good for costumers
In my country i can assure you apple will never find ground
i have never bought anything from apple and will never buy anything from apple and also convince others to do so
again i hate apple

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Ah whatever. Whatever is good for Apple is good for the US Economy, which is good the entire world. Look at it that way. Better us than some Korean company.

skyjogger

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
@networck
its all well and good to say that, but when have apple been innovative?
all their products are something that have been done before
they just get a product that some one else makes and make them shiny and tell people that they invented everything and that every one else just copies them

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
@networck.
What has apple done that is inovative? From what I can see, all apple has done is grab ideas (some people will say "stole") from multiple products and wack it into 1 device. iPhone and iPad, I can easily tell you tablets and phones that were out years and years before these 2 items were even in the R&D stage.

You know what, we should really end this argument about innovation. I want any apple fanboi or anyone in that matter, to mention something that apple has done/release that is unique to apple, something that has never been done before. Because I am yet to think of one. You can call me uneducated if you wish, but why don't you just simply educate me?

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Look! We have an Asian hater here. "Just remember who's manufacturing Apple hardware (Asian) and nowhere on the unit itself says "Made in USA"

kryzzay

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
I hate Apple. I told my family don't buy anything Apple. I told my friends what Apple are like and what they're doing. They hate Apple too now. They're telling their friends the same thing, and before you know it, Apple will be one massively hated company (if they aren't already) and in turn this will lead to fall of them. The most powerful marketing tool is word of mouth and nobody has anything nice to say to you, CRAPPLE!

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Apple people are very VERY whats that word... "Stereotype" yes..... If you own a PC or anything non-apple, you'll get chewed by them. "Apple is better than PC and... " bla bla bla, you get the picture.
Do a study by walking into an Apple store with, lets say an Asus or Sony high end PC... watch how they react to you...

Oh and by the way, "I'm a PC" =P

Status
Not open for further replies.