Galaxy tab a sd card not showing any data

Sheila Lee

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
My tab A says that i do not have to move data to sd card because it's tied with my sd card. I have physically moved every app that is allowed but the storage space on internal and external remains the same. I get messages that tells me I'm running low on space. But nothing shows up on my sd card ? How do I free up my internal storage?

Solution
OK to actually make the SD card able to run apps from you would need to make it "Internal" storage rather than "External". To do that you need to be running Android "Marshmallow" and the manufacturer has to have not restricted use of that option on that device. They do that sometimes, restrict it.

If both of those are met, then you can run any app you want from the card, as long as there is space. The catch is, you can run into errors/issues, if you are moving apps over to the card rather than downloading and installing them directly to it. Sometimes systems can register the space being taken up by them twice. Below are the instructions on how to turn a SD card into "Internal" storage, should you have the right version of Android and...
OK to actually make the SD card able to run apps from you would need to make it "Internal" storage rather than "External". To do that you need to be running Android "Marshmallow" and the manufacturer has to have not restricted use of that option on that device. They do that sometimes, restrict it.

If both of those are met, then you can run any app you want from the card, as long as there is space. The catch is, you can run into errors/issues, if you are moving apps over to the card rather than downloading and installing them directly to it. Sometimes systems can register the space being taken up by them twice. Below are the instructions on how to turn a SD card into "Internal" storage, should you have the right version of Android and wish to try.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution