Galaxy tab s repair questions.

Tacobeam87

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hello. I dropped my 2 month old tab s 8.4 from about 2 to 3 feet up. It landed dead center of the screen right on the corner or the end Table.

The glass is fine but the lcd cracked. The screen was 90% black with a small area flickering green.

No its all black, the home and back buttons Will light up when I try push the power button but they turn off again almost instantly.

My question is this. Does it sound like more has broken then just the screen and lcd?

Question 2 would be, the lcd and screen assembly is $200, I can repair it my self but I got the tablet for 375 is it worth the repair?

Solution
Tough to say if it's just the screen or not, looks like it's damaged pretty badly and that may cause the power issue.
You're going to have to either gamble that it's only the screen and maybe spend $200 on it and then find out it's still broken or gamble that it's more broken and possibly spend an extra 175 that you did not have to.

If it was me, I'd just buy a slightly used tablet which should cost a bit more than the screen but less than the new one. Maybe sell the broken one to a repair shop, on eBay or someone on craigslist as is for cheap, but you'd have to find a way to wipe it unless you don't have any personal info on the thing or it's password locked.
Tough to say if it's just the screen or not, looks like it's damaged pretty badly and that may cause the power issue.
You're going to have to either gamble that it's only the screen and maybe spend $200 on it and then find out it's still broken or gamble that it's more broken and possibly spend an extra 175 that you did not have to.

If it was me, I'd just buy a slightly used tablet which should cost a bit more than the screen but less than the new one. Maybe sell the broken one to a repair shop, on eBay or someone on craigslist as is for cheap, but you'd have to find a way to wipe it unless you don't have any personal info on the thing or it's password locked.

Solution