Solved! Galaxy Tablet shutting off/staying off!

maggie10

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
Galaxy tab 3. Battery is good.
*Often shuts off during videos, now anytime.
*Reset using power+volume up won't work.
*Loops Galaxy screen, Samsung logo sometimes starts to appear then right back to Galaxy screen over and over and won't turn off.
Eventually it will stop looping and shut off. Most times after that it will turn on fine but it's happening multiple times a day now.

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I SMASH IT!

Solution
If it is under warranty, I would definitely contact the manufacturer before getting rid of it. You may want to consider an app that will monitor it for problems and perhaps give you a better idea of the cause. Or, you could try a "Hard Reset", before getting rid of it.
Try turning it on in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load up fine. You can't access everything in that mode, however if it loads fine then you know there is something on the device that is the cause.

A bad app(s), malware, virus, etc. If this is the case, you will have to find the cause and uninstall/remove it before you can get the device to work correctly.

If the problem occurs, even in "Safe Mode", then it may well be a hardware issue.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

maggie10

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
Thank you for your response.
The problem is, it doesn't do it whenever it's turned on and when it shuts itself off, nothing works, including trying to turn on safe mode, to turn it back on. After awhile, it just turns on normally. I thought it was overheating but it does it at totally random temps.
I've checked for viruses and malware and it's clean so I'm really at a loss!

If it is under warranty, I would definitely contact the manufacturer before getting rid of it. You may want to consider an app that will monitor it for problems and perhaps give you a better idea of the cause. Or, you could try a "Hard Reset", before getting rid of it.

Solution