News Galaxy Z Fold 3's S Pen support is great — but the pricing is insulting

Aug 13, 2021
This article is a very bad take.

Complaining it's expensive, then asking for more to be included is asking for it to be more expensive.

Comparing it to a car, but with the analogy of tires being sold seperate doesn't make sense. Tires are a must, S Pen is not. I doubt most users will even go with the S Pen.

And also, a charging adapter is available for free when purchased on Samsung.com, so that's wrong. (In USA)

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
This article is a very bad take.

Complaining it's expensive, then asking for more to be included is asking for it to be more expensive.

Comparing it to a car, but with the analogy of tires being sold seperate doesn't make sense. Tires are a must, S Pen is not. I doubt most users will even go with the S Pen.

And also, a charging adapter is available for free when purchased on Samsung.com, so that's wrong. (In USA)

That's not the take. It's that this is very expensive. And one of the top upgrades is optional as opposed to included. The point is that a $49 accessory should be included in the box on a $1,799 phone. That's reasonable.

Also, it's great that the charger is available through Samsung, but most people don't buy through them. They go through carriers or other retailers.

Aug 14, 2021
How is that not the take? Including the Pen would increase the price and not everyone will want or need the pen. I think they'd appreciate not being forced to pay more for something that they don't want. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean that people should be given other products for free.