Game Boy, Ball Gets Into Toy Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Wow, the ball should have been the first in there. Unless they are being specific about which ball.

The Game Boy definitely deserves it. The highest sales ever out of all hand helds and consoles I believe.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
My gameboy still works and I figured out you can use a soldering iron to fix all the dead lines in it. Only problem is I accidentally scratched the screen trying to repair it but it is barely noticable.

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
Hmm... Didn't it come out right after the Atari Lynx? I think the lynx was much more of a "Revelation in gaming" than the gameboy was. Gameboy just had more money to be thrown into marketing and production. That's what really killed the lynx I think. Just an opinion though :)

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
[citation][nom]MonkeySweat[/nom]but who's got the biggest balls of them all?we got the biggest balls of them all![/citation]

yea, I'm wondering how many people actually got that, lol. I think we're dating ourselves.

G

Gameboy launched in April (Japan) and September (NA) 1989, Lynx in Sept 1989, ohh, sorry Lynx you're old news.

G

My first GB in 1992!
Later I colored it black because they sold black ones too, and I had a regular grey one.
Had the most fun on that for years, until I had my first pc.

G

I still have my old Game Boy, and it still works. Link's Awakening is probably my favorite Zelda game. Another lesser-known game I enjoyed is Bionic Commando: Elite Force. I could beat Super Mario Land in ~50 minutes, plus there were the good times spent playing two-player Tetris with a friend.

As for the Big Wheel - all the kids had them back in the day, but they were so poorly made. The wheels would crack in no time, and eventually flat surfaces would form so the wheel would turn awkwardly or stop altogether. The Roller Racer definitely trumps the Big Wheel in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.