Game Developer Says PSP is a 'Waste of Space'

Status
Not open for further replies.

eelyen

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
While I don't play my PSP all that often. It has always worked great for what I've used it for.

Although a couple games ported to it from other consoles have had a few FPS issues, but nothing too horrible.

G

he dont know sh*t about psp is a handheld portable gaming console, I dont think he can play street fighter with ipod the way he can do it in psp.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I thought the PSP was an awesome system for those of us who like RPG games (like Final Fantasy and games like that). Although, I thought the PSPGo was a waste of space.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Bollocks is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense" - from Wikipedia
Reminds me of a PSP... Actually that's a little harsh, the thing is a gaming device, and yeah it does play games. It goes on the interweb, plays music and videos, and it's shiny. It's just not something I could ever see myself using. I have an Android app for that.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Sony Ericson needs to come out with a PSPhone quick. Windows Phone 7 is looking like it would dominate the market due to games development.

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I actually like my old-style PSP for playing games. I've played way more PSOne classics and Gran Turismo lately than anything on my DSi. I'm looking forward more to the new PSP Metal Gear Solid game than anything coming out this year on the DS.

Unfortunately, the PSP is only good at games and sucks at everything else. The browser is incredibly slow, awkward, and no video or Flash support. Watching movies means converting to the PSP's unique format and size requirements. Music playback would be acceptable but the PSP doesn't handle many formats beyond MP3 and WMA.

Bottom line is the PSP always gets a spot in my carry-on for a trip but it has to share space with my Sansa Fuze for music and Android phone for web. It never became the all-in-one device Sony intended it to be.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
If it weren't for the few exclusive games on it (Crisis Core, Portable Ops, Chains of Olympus) the over-priced PSP would have died its overdue fate long ago.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
If it weren't for the few exclusive games on it (Crisis Core, Portable Ops, Chains of Olympus) the over-priced PSP would have died its overdue fate long ago.

G

I don't know what kind of "experience" he is expecting, especially comparing it to the iphone. I love my psp, it is a great video game system and a nice video and music player. The internet experience leaves a bit to be desired but I use my phone for that. Remote play is a great feature if you have a PS3, as is the location free player.

I couldn't disagree more with his incredibly ignorant statement, but I guess idiots are allowed opinions if nothing else.

spiderman6000

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
fps suck on it, only game that work are sports and driving.
I actually used my original gameboy more back in the day then my psp. also i noticed most of the games are not geared for portible play. some have long session before being able to save. when you may just want to play for 10 to 15 min. I know you can suspend the device but if your battery dies or you are in a driving game its not that easy.
I also agree on the not having a dual analog stick.
I get better gaming expierence now from my iphone 3gs

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
I love the games, disdain the PSP: it hurts my hands to game on it for more then 15 minutes, why hasn't Sony allowed us to hook up a PS3 controller to it with some cool cable and connector.
http://hackaday.com/2007/03/07/psp-ps2-controller/

I'm waiting for the exclusive MGS:pW to come out and that will be the last game I might get for the PSP.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
psp is nice thou, just that some category kind of game are definitely working on psp, FPS will be a good example. RPG, fighting game definitely work great on PSP, awesome 2D graphics. but sony really should improve the screen refresh rate~

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
well despite its flaws, it is the only one that can run decent quality games and so far the best interface to play those types of games... as a consumer, where would i run to if i were to just drop using PSPs? DSi? sorry not my flavor...

i wish though, they would add some extra functionalities such as a stylus based or touch based screen and phone functionalities...

Status
Not open for further replies.