Game Peripherals Coming to iPhone, iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
....No

No, No, No, No.

Where are you going to set your phone while you're hold a peripheral? This is one of the Stupidest Ideas I have ever heard.

DarkMantle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Just take a look at the iControlPad link on the article. I'm not an IPhone fan, but i hate to say the iControlPad idea looks pretty nice.

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Sounds good, but the controls have to be of high quality to compete with the DS/PSP. The controls can't just be an after thought. I doubt it will include a joystick(nub) like the PSP. Also, its graphics still fall far behind the PSP, and even the DS seems significantly better. I wonder if it's the quality of the programming or the limits of the Ipod touch/Iphone's hardware?

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@Tindtim

did you look at the iControlPad link??? Obviously not cuz it answers your question. Maybe you should look at the link to the product before you call it stupid.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
No, I don't think so.

It will be a good thing for those who like to game and don't want to buy a psp.

As for downloading movies and tv shows from itunes......

I already pay for them through my satellite subscription. Why pay for them twice? I record what I want for free. If I need something to be portable, I will put it on my archos 5.... for free.

I showed my neighbour, who has Apple everything (phone, iPod, macbook, etc,) my HTPC along with the archos 5.... I am now building him a HTPC.

If I had to pay for movies and tv shows twice.... I would asked to get kissed as well. I usually get kissed when I get F'd

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
If you don't want to download a movie then don't download a movie. The point is that you can do it on the go from iTunes, anywhere. Besides, I will take the functionality of the iPhone over the Archos every day of the week. You couldn't pay me to swap an iPhone for an Archos 5.

kr33py

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
At first i thought this is gonna be a plug in controller and basically suck,but it looks really good nice concept.The big question is how does it play and does it suck the battery life even more.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@keither5150

??

You can put recorded movies, shows, etc. on your iPhone, iTouch, etc. for free from your computer - same as your Archos. If you already bought the movie its most likely already on your iTouch. All they gave you is the option to buy any movie from a coffee shop or something.

What's wrong with that?

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I do realize that you put movies on an iphone with your computer.

My point is that downloading tv and movies from itunes is no great feature as is not worth mentioning.

@ Tayb

You can't compare the iphone to the Archos 5 as a media player.

And the iphone doesn't compare to my BB bold as a business phone.

However, the iphone does both.... I guess the BB also does both.

If I didn't need the BB for work I would consider the iphone. If I ever own an iphone, it will certainly not be introduced to itunes.

As for the Archos.... it is easy on the eyes and a awesome player for air travel.

itouch vs archos 5 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QVgOyF51_E

However they fail to mention that the screen size is 40% larger.

Tayb.
I would think that you've never seen an Archos 5.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
idk why but i just think this s an attempt to reach further into a market a company doesnt need to be reaching in. however, i had said this when Microsoft, the worst of all the corps. that try to stick their hands in every in of the market, did this with xbox. and now, IMO xbox360 is better than the ps3, if not only for its game selection. so this might be good, but at this point, it seems to me like a repeat of sega's attempt of adding its cd drive onto its already failing game system all those years back.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I don't really think the iPhone/touch is a viable gaming platform. We'll just have to wait and see. However, what is really irritating me is the "i" prefix that's been used more than enough. What about iDontcare, iWillnevergameonaphone, iMtiredoftheIstuff. I think that cow's been milked dry long ago.

beeyang78

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
Isn't it called the IPod Touch? Isn't that the feature you bought it for? What's the use of a controller when you bought it for the touch feature. I guess people love spending money on anything Apple makes for their stuff because they are so cool. Just doesn't make sense to me, but then again, I don't own anything Apple so I may just not understand.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]I don't really think the iPhone/touch is a viable gaming platform. We'll just have to wait and see. However, what is really irritating me is the "i" prefix that's been used more than enough. What about iDontcare, iWillnevergameonaphone, iMtiredoftheIstuff. I think that cow's been milked dry long ago.[/citation]
How about a new "no-one" prefix like no-oneCareWhatYouThink.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom]No, I don't think so.It will be a good thing for those who like to game and don't want to buy a psp.As for downloading movies and tv shows from itunes......I already pay for them through my satellite subscription. Why pay for them twice? I record what I want for free. If I need something to be portable, I will put it on my archos 5.... for free.I showed my neighbour, who has Apple everything (phone, iPod, macbook, etc,) my HTPC along with the archos 5.... I am now building him a HTPC.If I had to pay for movies and tv shows twice.... I would asked to get kissed as well. I usually get kissed when I get F'd[/citation]

I like how you rationalize, you talk about archo's media player and your mediacenter vs your neighbors iphone and zomg he wants a media center too... hmm but not an archos player. Shit i have a mediacenter and an iphone not to mention a few other computers, but hmm no archos player.

2nd your saying you can transfer video's from your media center to your archos player and it's so stupid to buy something twice from itunes; well your right why would anyone buy something twice. It's not like you can't transfer videos to an iphone that aren't from itunes, but you have an option to buy movies on the fly too...

then your comparing the archos player vs ipod touch... well sure the screen is 40% bigger but so is the whole damn thing. It doesn't look like something that fits in your pocket comfortably.

There are different reasons to buy things and your not comparing two devices that are in the same category. I honestly don't see a point in even buy an ipod touch, but iPhone is a different story because it just eliminates the need for carrying so much stuff around.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
@Norbs,

My neighbor actually borrowed my Archos the last time he flew. His wife would kill him if he bought another $400 player. One thing he did tell me that he won't be buying another itouch. He says he's going with zune hd or an archos next time.

And...I was responding to someone who was comparing Archos 5 to iphone. I never compared the two until someone slammed the archos, I simply stated that it is my portable player.

I stated that you can't compare the two.

I surely wasn't trashing the iphone. I find it quite entertaining. I was stating that, downloading movies and TV from itunes is not a feature worth mentioning.

I would probably buy one if I didn't have to answer so many emails for work on my BB. I can't stand typing on the iphone... or the storm.

I do notice that most of your posts are slams against other posters rather than a comment on the article.

Seems like you need to relax a bit.

My first post stated that I like the idea of a game pad however I don't think that the iphone is a threat to psp or DS. I also stated my thoughts on paying for downloading TV or movies.

Your post said nothing but what you thought was wrong with my post.

You don't have an Archos... too bad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.