Gamecom 780 vs RIG

trusybee125

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Which is better?
I play on both a PC and PS3,
I have large ear and want the headset to house but not sit on my ears,
the audio quality should be decent,
and if these aren't good for me then what others would be good?

Solution
Being a 780 user, I am disappointed in their comfort, they rest on the edge of your ears pinching at your skin, if you wear glasses these kill to wear. The rig however is lightweight and comfortable to wear, they rest on your ears but are very light you do not even feel them. The 780 is 7.1 virtual surround and the rig is 2.1.

If comfort is your main priority than I would recommend the steelseries siberia v2, if you can afford it a sennheiser 558 and a clip on mic.

EasyTransfer

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Being a 780 user, I am disappointed in their comfort, they rest on the edge of your ears pinching at your skin, if you wear glasses these kill to wear. The rig however is lightweight and comfortable to wear, they rest on your ears but are very light you do not even feel them. The 780 is 7.1 virtual surround and the rig is 2.1.

If comfort is your main priority than I would recommend the steelseries siberia v2, if you can afford it a sennheiser 558 and a clip on mic.

Solution

FlusherBox

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
I would say go for the rig, it comes with a hand full of nice features like: being able to take calls through the headset, have music playing from a phone or ipod while gaming and it has the mixer which allows you to control all volumes (similar to the astro mixamp)