Games lagging suddenly on Nvidia 740M

rohitasare7

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Its been a week and suddenly my all games are lagging like hell, even at low setting those games which were like 30+ fps are lagging
I have nvidia 740m, ci3 , 4gb.
I formatted my laptop 2 times (win 8.1 and win 10 - kept win 10 ), updated all drivers but still problem same.

Please tell me how to analyse the hardware performance or anything to do.

I used to play NFS Rivals at 28-30 FPS at low (custom 1366x768) settings now its 10-12 fps

Solution
I don't have a solution, but I can contribute to what might be happening.

Starting with the driver updates from a couple months ago, a driver crash will cause the video card to think it's in power-saving mode, and start underclocking itself by as much as 33% of it's normal clock speed. This of course can seriously impact game performance. To fix it requires either a system reboot, or disabling and re-enabling the driver in the Device Manager. Neither workaround is convenient, so I actually went back a few driver versions until the problem is resolved. I think I'm using the earl-April drivers, but I'm not at my main computer at the moment to check.

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I don't have a solution, but I can contribute to what might be happening.

Starting with the driver updates from a couple months ago, a driver crash will cause the video card to think it's in power-saving mode, and start underclocking itself by as much as 33% of it's normal clock speed. This of course can seriously impact game performance. To fix it requires either a system reboot, or disabling and re-enabling the driver in the Device Manager. Neither workaround is convenient, so I actually went back a few driver versions until the problem is resolved. I think I'm using the earl-April drivers, but I'm not at my main computer at the moment to check.

Solution

rohitasare7

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014

Alright, I am testing the driver from may 2016, let see. thanks for the suggestion :)