Games run at like 3fps when charger is unplugged

ComputerNoobie2442

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Hi, I am having an issue with my laptop it has a GT940MX GPU. When the charger is plugged in the games run perfectly with no issues. However if i play unplugged the performance is a joke. My friend has this same gpu in his acer and he has no issues. My drivers are all up to date too. Please help

jesbenj2018

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
What power mode is your laptop in? Check the battery on your taskbar in settings and see if it's set to "Balanced" or "Power Saver" I have an MSI laptop myself and I usually get 30fps when unplugged.

marinescoprt

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Don't sorry too much about it. I'm using MSI too. N so far I've only tried csgo n the frame drop horribly.. But its actually good for your laptop because the battery can't handle the output. That is why they sell different WATT batteries even for 1 laptop or model. You could buy another 1 if you want the have better frame rates. But If you keep forcing the battery, it life span would be reduce badly n could potentially burst in fire :(((

Name me 5 laptops less than 2 years old that are available with multiple wattage battery options that aren't higher end business laptops.