GameStop: MW2 Release Was Corporate Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubitz_420

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
ha ha thats funny game retailers are becoming more impatient then the kids that play the games, or the adults for that matter can't wait for this one MW was great on xbox live hopefully this one lives up to the hype surrounding it, after all it is just a game

G

If I were in charge I would do the same thing so my company wouldn't end up with a bunch of copies stuck on the shelf due to other retailers early release.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
lol i'm going to laugh even harder if Microsoft doesn't get the memo and hits them with a console ban for playing before street date.

G

Yeah, Activision can suck a big hard one.. Who takes out Dedicated servers for FPS games and then tells us that they don't give a shit.. I hope they lose a shitload of money on this release...

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
GameStop can burn in hell for all I care. I hope they get sued and lose. They are the biggest f'ing scam out there when it comes to games.

I stopped going there when:
I go to trade in Sacred 2 and they offer only $17 WITH my card discount and then I walk over to the shelf and the games sells for 59.99 new 54.99 used. 1/3 of the fracking price their gonna turn around and sell it for??? Then they had a trade in 4 get $20 extra but 3 of the 4 games I take in they say "dont qualify". I actually told them to go fuck off and instead of spending $60 there on Batman Arkham Asylum I sold Sacred 2 on ebay for $32 and bought Batman from Amazon for $49 no tax free shipping.

Ill never give gamestop another dime of my money.

And for Activision......you can f_ck off too. Blatantly screwing pc gamers and then publicly stating you dont give a sh_t. Ill never buy another one of your games either.

F_ckers!!!

aaronb09

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Companies don't care about PCs anymore there is enough idiots to buy there half assed console games to make them happy. The gaming market is turning to a piece of crap, just same franchises over and over again and i swear with less and less content and supposedly New DLC content which is probably just Held back content to take more money.. Then of course game stops stupid trade in programs Gimmick pre-order BS.. of course there is exceptions out there, def some good innovative games but that is becoming less and less...

aaronb09

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Im also sick and tired of console games running like crap, HOW IS A GAME GOLD when there is frame rate issues? broken network play ect. AT LEASED On a PC GAME YOU CAN FREAKING adjust the damn graphics.. I liked it better when PC and consoles were there own things..

aaronb09

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
I just love how the games just sit back in the back rooms of the game stores for days sometimes weeks and they just claim the game is still in production or fixing bugs ect.. Pays to have a GF that is a manager at gamestop. Know all freaking BS they do..

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
They choose specific dates because someone who knows someone who knows someone who heard that if they release it this day, it will be best for sales.

Regardless, I can't imagine this game selling well among the PC crowd, the console crowd, sure. But that is because they don't know any better.

The game's a console port at best. Should have just been an expansion, but we get a lot of companies farming cash cows. MW2 and LFD2 should have both been expansions.

nekko

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
to all the pc gamers out there.. I play pc games and xbox live... dedicated servers are what made cod4 on pc... but thats it, I'd much rather just jump in and play with my buds on xbox live.
Yes pc's are more powerful, but not if you have a bump pc (IF you have the $$$$ to spend on a very good pc then great)but most poeple don't. Xbox live is alot easier to "get around" and you don't have to worry about your pc lagging with console gaming.. or crashing, ETC ETC ETC.
Yes I love pc gaming, but I do not trash console gamers because they are mainly the same thing... there playing the same game!
Oh and modding is gay... except for zombie mods on pc. But thats not what the game was intended for. I mean aim bots and all that sh** COME ON horrible!!!
And if you do not like the no dedicated server thing... get over it... its a great game have played it!
And bad company 2 will be as crappy as the first...
CoD franchise FTW for war games... THE END
So stop bit**ing about dedicated servers... Not everyone is going to be happy and thats it... No jugger, no private chat, no dedicated servers, what else can everyone complain about!!

mcreskiller

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Boycott so this isn't news to me. Screw consoles too the kiddies can have this one, I'm waiting on bad company 2 for PC you know the game that has dedicated servers put out by a real game company(s) Dice and EA games get my money.[/citation]
Dice is amazing they havn't put out a bad game yet, battlefield 1942 WIN, battlefield vietnam WIN, battlefield 2 WIN, battlefield 2142 WIN!

asjflask

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Always, always, always, always, get things in writing. If Activision says it's okay to release the game early GET IT IN WRITING! That way, there's no way they can turn around later and say, "Uh.. no we didn't say you could do that."

I'm also not getting this game or buying any products related to Activision because, quite frankly, they've never made a game I gave a rat's ass about anyway.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Man these pc "hardcore gamers" are funny as hell. First I own a very high end pc that i bought and put built myself,a 360 and ps3. I cant believe all the kiddies throwing temper tantrums cause mw2 had low specs and no dedicated servers. Seriously your gonna miss out on possibly the best shooter that you can get? Do you think that you coming on fourms and crying about no dedicated servers and your cancelling your pre order is gonna make you part of some sort of movement? I swear pc "hardcore gamer" fanboys are as bad as mac fanboys. You think that your on some sort of magical unicorn and your better than everyone else cause you CHOOSE to play your games with a keyboard and mouse.

Heres the facts:
There will never be dedicated servers for this game so stop bithcing!

Console gamers make up more than the strictly pc gamers so get over it!

Who the hell died and made it so that when games are made, they cater to you?

I, like alot of people have a very nice cpu but mostly game on xbox live why you ask, because all of my friends have a 360 and live, not a 2000 dollar gaming rig. If I gamed on my cpu, I would be gaming alone.

Your tantrums and cancelling your pre orders are getting you now where. So you can sit there on the floor of Target criss-cross applesauce and bitch all you want. While you do that, others that have some damn sense will be enjoying a great shooter. Your not hurting nobody trust me.

It will still take the Earth 24 hours to make a complete rotation if you cancel your pre order.

The game will still be the biggest selling game in one day sales if you chose to cancel your pre order.

The point is who cares how powerful your cpu is or if you chose to be a pc gamer fanboy. The whole point of being a gamer is just that, you play games and dont care if its on a controller or a keyboard and mouse.

Be a gamer not a fanboy!

Status
Not open for further replies.