Gaming/3D Modeling Laptop Advice

dollarstar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
1_What is your budget? £1000 +/-

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 16"+

3_What screen resolution do you want? As big as

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? As long as its a laptop I don't mind

5_How much battery life do you need? Maybe an hour or two.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? World of Warcraft, Fallout 3 - High

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.) Photo, music and video editing and also 3D modelling and animation

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 300Gb+ but I can aways get an external HD.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. I dont mind where its from, as long as its EU Based.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? Roughly 2/3 Years.

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them. Nope

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm not that fussed, I dont like the acer ferrari keyboard style so as long as its not got the same keyboard its fine.

13_What country do you live in? United Kingdom.

I've been looking around myself but not found anything I really like and I just want some suggestions if people could be so kind to help.

Many thanks.

lol, honestly I have no idea. I was just listing other options :) I don't spend a whole lot of time on the UK sites so I couldn't say who would be more expensive in the end.

dollarstar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Ok guys, thanks a lot! I've been looking around I'm gunna save up alittle bit more and so I can afford a bit better spec. The sites have really helped!

dollarstar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
I only posted that for the spec, but there is one with same specs but bigger harddrive and an 8800 in it for £1000 which is cheaper than the one I linked. Sounds like a good deal to me, but I dont know what they actually go for anyways.