Gaming headset for £80 ($120)

TheLoneWolf989

Distinguished
May 10, 2013
Looking for a gaming headset for no more than £80 ($120), a friend said to get headphones and a clip on mic but I don't know what to look for.

Solution
your friend is right. a solid midrange pair of cans + zalman clipon mic is a tough combo to beat and honestly better than half the 'gaming' models out there.

normally i'd recommend the audio technica ATH-M50s, and i still do, but their price has just skyrocketed to $160, which sucks because you used to be able to find them as low as $110 not too long ago.

so yea its out of your price range as of now but DEF worth it - my rec is setup a price alert on camelcamelcamel and just pray it drops, which it very well could, then pounce when it does.

good luck and happy listening man :)

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
your friend is right. a solid midrange pair of cans + zalman clipon mic is a tough combo to beat and honestly better than half the 'gaming' models out there.

normally i'd recommend the audio technica ATH-M50s, and i still do, but their price has just skyrocketed to $160, which sucks because you used to be able to find them as low as $110 not too long ago.

so yea its out of your price range as of now but DEF worth it - my rec is setup a price alert on camelcamelcamel and just pray it drops, which it very well could, then pounce when it does.

good luck and happy listening man :)

Solution