so1dier

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
I'm looking for an amazing gaming headset for my new computer that I just bought on newegg. (~$1,500 w/mouse,keyboard from razer)

I have about $150 to spend but will save up if it's going to be worth it for better audio/mic.
My computer is using this motherboard for on board audio but again if it's going to be worth it I will save up for a quality sound card.

These are the headsets I've been looking into. There was a review from ign saying the Medusa 5.1 ProGamer V2 is only $120 and is AMAZING, but aparently they don't sell those anymore so the NX 5.1 Headset is the closest you can get.

Medusa NX 5.1 Gaming Headset
Razer Carcharias

Does anyone have any suggestions on amazing gaming headsets?

noars

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
I have used quite a few different gaming headsets but, the best resource I found to get an impartial view on them can be found at http://www.gamingheadsetreport.com, they are constantly adding new headset reviews.

so1dier

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
The headset is alright but not as good as I thought it'd be. I got the Sennheiser PC 350 headset, and it covers your ears which gives the same effect as you putting your head to a table or wall and scratching it. Just amplified sound through solids, so the hanging wire gets pretty annoying, as it rubs up against your legs, ground, clothing, or chair with the slightest movement.

There is also very little base which is expected but it's pretty much unnoticeable, if you compare it to something like the razer carcharias, you'll noticed a big difference, and its a cheaper headset.

The nice thing is it's extremely comfortable, unless you have glasses, which I do. They fit pretty snug so you get uncomfortable marks on the side of your head after wearing them for more than an hour or so.