Gaming Laptop 1k euro budget

andrea17

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
hello people, just registered to this forum, highly recommended from a friend of mine to find help! :)

so i need some suggestions for a gamign laptop for my brother, here's the specs with the faq

1. What is your budget?
budget max 1000 euros

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
anything from 15" to 17

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600x900 or 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
is just a portable, got a decent 1 year old desktop

5. How much battery life do you need?
not really important, will be plugged all the time

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes he will be using this laptop to play games such as World of Warcraft and league of legends, so nothing very heavy, but wants to run at rather high quality settings those games

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
nothing special to be honest, internet browsing and such

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
would be cool to have a SSD, but otherwise anything will do the work(500gigs are more than enough)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Amazon, don't know any others

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
a few years or as long as it works ^_^

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

dvd writer is enough

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
don't have much experience, i'd like it Asus or toshiba, these brands i think are pretty good

13. What country do you live in?
Italy

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

i checked various models but can't really make up my mind, plus few models are not avaiable in italy :(
i had found a very good Lenovo laptop, the Y50, which costed 1k dollars, very convenient with the euro-dollar exchange.. sadly it's not avaiable for international purchase

Thanks in advance!

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
I would suggest checking out http://xmg.gg/ - the A504 if you want a 15.6 inch or the A704 if you want a 17.3 inch display. I've gotten my hands on a 17.3 one and I must say I am impressed. All it had additionally was instead of 4gb Ram - it was boosted to 8gb and instead of an i5 it had the i7-4710MQ. With the GTX 860m it ran smoothly. Also the build quality is quite impressive.

andrea17

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
hello, thanks for the reply :)
i think i'll get a ASUS N550JK-CN015H because it has a rather good price and good specs
i'll consider that site when i'll have to buy one for me, but for now i'll stick with asus as there's a good Asus shop near my house! ;)