Gaming laptop and work laptops all in one?

Poozle

Estimable
May 9, 2015
So I am looking at a new laptop for an upgrade from my current Lenovo Y510p (edited)-square 9000... Ok maybe it's not that bad, but it has degraded significantly, and has a bad screen and takes 3 minutes to turn on leaving me never wanting to use it. Here are the specs of my current laptop:
-1920*1080p TN panel with some backlight bleed. No dead pixels.

-1TB hard drive that takes 3 minutes to boot up

-i7 4700hq

-A battery that lasts like 2 hours or less on NORMAL use. No GPU is being used except intel iGPU.

-It weighs 5.96 pounds or more and is about 1.0-1.2 inches thick.

-it does not thermal throttle and has a GT 750m GDDR5 memory. (GTX 460 desktop equivelent in synthetic benchmarks but IDK)

-15.6 inch Screeen

so after that "AMAZING" laptops specs, Here are what I require in my new laptop
-1080p high quality Display TN or IPS. I really do not care about which one, but I dont want one with bad reviews and dead pixels.

-GTX 970m

-Under 4.5 pounds

-Under an inch thick

-SSD REQUIRED for boot up and a Hard drive (or at least 1 TB of total space whether up-gradable or standard included)

-Quad Core CPU with Hyper threading ( i7 6700HQ?)

-Quality build that will last.

-Lastly a 14 inch screen or Maybe a 15.6 inch. My current laptop seems a little big for my current uses.

-a battery that can last all school day in sleep mode or powered down, or about 4-5 hours of casual web browsing/Programming

Here is what I will do with it....
1. Program. I am a programmer for our robotics team and video games for fun as well as web site design. I would like a mediocre keyboard but to be honest, I can't tell the difference between my lenovo keyboard and my Corsair Mechanical K70 RGB one so much so that I really care, but the lenovo has no keyboard flex as far as I can tell.

2. Games. Yes surprise, surprise, I play games on a gaming laptop and my desktop.

3. Youtube

4. after school Activities like robotics, speech, debate, ETC.

5. I travel a lot. Almost every weekend I am at a friends house, up at our grandparents, our hunting shack (which we use hotspot for wifi for) or our aunt and uncles. I move around a lot and so does the laptop. The laptop and its Power brick must be fairly portable as I do move around the school and my house with it a lot each and every day. My current laptop is too big to use on our bus as the screen hit the back of the seat and can not tilt back far enough for comfortable viewing.

Thank you for taking time to read my post. So, can you guys help me find a laptop suitable for my needs? I can not use the GS30 by MSI as the GPU is not built in remember I do have a very nice desktop at home so hauling the giant brick around is not my idea of fun. Some general ideas of what I want are... Gigabyte P34 v4, Razerblade 14, MSI GS40, MSI GS60, (does asus have a thin and light 970m 14 inch laptop? every other brand does....) Thanks!

Mod edit = Language

Solution
The razer blade 14 sounds like it is perfect for you. Another option is the aorus x3 plus which has the same specs, better battery life and is cheaper. I personally do not think any of the MSI offerings will satisfy your battery life requirements.

ayush2

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
The razer blade 14 sounds like it is perfect for you. Another option is the aorus x3 plus which has the same specs, better battery life and is cheaper. I personally do not think any of the MSI offerings will satisfy your battery life requirements.

Solution