Gaming Laptop BIOS with lots of customization?

S0L0

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Which laptop brand has lots of customization features in the BIOS similar to a desktop motherboard. I really would like to install/swap wide variety of parts from different manufactures, ie RAM, SSD, M2 PCIe M2 SATA, etc.

I would also prefer to have same level of controls you typically get on a desktop motherboard for overclocking etc.

I typically buy gigabyte motherboards for their stability and was wondering if their laptops have the same openness/customization features in the BIOS? or is it a watered down version for consumers that are not supposed to tinker with the controls?

After buying and Returning an Alienware X51 I ended up just building my own SFF PC. I will probably never buy another alienware dell product again because of their limited bios features. (basically was unable to install a samsung 950 pro without hacks, finally after installing it I realized I only was getting half speed because of their false marketing. The x4 pci slot was only using 2 lanes.

How is bios/stability on Sagers? Sager looks like it has most hardware customization and bang for buck, though not sure how stable the components are overtime.

How about Asus? MSI? Accer Predator series?

Solution
Laptops are not made for overclocking. You can change out RAM and drives without any BIOS changes in 95% of the time. Only time you may need to is if you get some high end RAM that would need voltage adjustments to run.

If you want to overclock and play around with parts, get a desktop.

If you want a gaming laptop, I would not overclock anything in a laptop, the small speed boost you may get is not worth the extra heat or chance of damaging components.

This site www,xoticpc.com has a good range of gaming laptops and you can customize them very well with different RAM and drive brands, even to what type of thermal paste is used.
Laptops are not made for overclocking. You can change out RAM and drives without any BIOS changes in 95% of the time. Only time you may need to is if you get some high end RAM that would need voltage adjustments to run.

If you want to overclock and play around with parts, get a desktop.

If you want a gaming laptop, I would not overclock anything in a laptop, the small speed boost you may get is not worth the extra heat or chance of damaging components.

This site www,xoticpc.com has a good range of gaming laptops and you can customize them very well with different RAM and drive brands, even to what type of thermal paste is used.

Solution