Gaming laptop cant handle games

Abeerhkhan

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Hello, i have a laptop with i5,2.9mhz dual core, 4gigs of ram and gtx 960m 4gigs vram
The issue that i am having is that it does not meet my expectations since games like gta v start framing after about 2 minutes, it runs smothly at the beggining but as i play the game it loses fps(down to like 10-15) badly and even freezes for a few seconds sometimes. I do believe this is because the ram, but i have had better gaming experiences with a pc with 4gb of ram and way weaker videocard and proc (talking here about a nvidia 9600gt and a poor intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz proc) the fps was constant at around 25 and it did not freeze at all. Any advices?

Late edit: i need to mention that the odd thing is that it does the same thing both at lowest and almost highest graphics settings

Solution
4 gig of RAM is a bit low for GTA V, did you monitor heat to make sure it's not getting too hot and throttling speed down to prevent damage?

Abeerhkhan

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Fixed: RAM messed me up
Went today, just got the extra juice i needed. 4 more gigs
Everything is now up and running, rolling with ultra high settings on pretty much everything (GTA V, DOOM 3, Mafia 3) with 40fps avg
Sorry for the useless thread tho.

The proc and videocard were chilling at around 50 degrees, not going over 65 after a 2 hour session of gaming
8 gb is a must in today's requirements