"Gaming" laptop for ~$800

lonewuhf

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
I'm looking for a laptop that can run games at mid-ish settings. Most interested in Aion at the moment. I will also be using it for school.

1_What is your budget?
I'd like to spend around $800 plus any shipping charges.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Size doesn't matter so much, but since I'll be lugging it around school preferably not super heavy

3_What screen resolution do you want?
no less than 13xx by 7xx

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No

5_How much battery life do you need?
~1.5-2 hours while gaming.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Medium would be fine.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
School work, surfing, music, streaming movies.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
Above 300g if possible.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Looking at newegg so far.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2+ years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
I've looked at a couple around the 800 price mark from newegg, one from Toshiba, and one from Acer. I will get a link to them a little later. They have small differences so I don't know which would be better, or a different one all together.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No Dell, No HP, No Gateway. They are generally cheaply made and have too many problems.

13_What country do you live in?
U.S.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2034940032%204022&StoreType=-1&CompareItemList=N82E16834115592,N82E16834220590&bop=And
Two of the laptops I was looking at are in this comparison. The Asus seems like a better buy, but are there any others similar that would be slightly better? The Asus doesn't say what kind of RAM it has, and the Acer doesn't state the HDD speed, which could be a problem.