Question gaming laptop recommendation between these 3?

felix.fainshtein

Estimable
Oct 30, 2017
Hi, I wanna buy a gaming laptop and I have 3 options which are very similar in hardware but 1 differs in it's original price vastly than the other 2. I don't know which brands are considered better or something like that, and I wanted to get your recommendations please.
The first one is Gigabyte Aorus 15G which goes 1500 after a supposedly huge discount off the alleged original 2200. This is the one with the far higher original price than the others.
The second is HP OMEN 17 (2020) which goes for 1450 and it's virtually identical to the Aorus except it has 17.3" screen and it's GPU is 2070 and not the 2070 max Q - I am unaware if that makes a big difference.
The third is MSI GL75 Leopard 10SFK-029 which is 1400 and is like the HP OMEN except it also has a 1 TB HDD.
So my questions in order of importance are:
  1. Which do you recommend?
  2. Do you have any idea why the Aorus, which has almost identical HW (slight tradeoff - better GPU, smaller screen) goes for such a higher original price?
  3. And also, do you think I should wait for the new laptops which will have the 30xx series GPUs? I don't know when those will appear and how much I should expect them to cost, but considering the 30xx sell cheaper, maybe it's worth waiting?
Bonus question - if you happen to be a programmer, would these laptops be suitable for that as well? Compile / build code fast ect...?

Thanks a lot!!!

Reactions: sophia092
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dudamesh Laptop General Discussion 4
J Laptop General Discussion 3
I Laptop General Discussion 8
C Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 9
R Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 8