Question Gaming Laptop: Should I keep Rog Zephyrus M16 3060rtx or Switch to MSI GS76 Stealth 3070rtx?

Oct 9, 2021
I have a question and could really use some help as I am trying to figure out what to do so I want some opinions.

Just to give you a quick rundown two weeks ago my Predator G9-791 Laptop died, not sure what happened to it and can't seem to figure it out (971 gtx) but its 6 years old, lights come on but power button does nothing so a week later I bought a new Gaming Laptop with newer hardware. I'd go desktop but I move around my house from meetings/work trading spots/rooms in my house with my wife because of her meetings/work and I also travel a lot so a powerful laptop is better for me personally in case you are wondering why.

Anyhow, this last Monday I financed a new pc for $2,000 (our max budget) approved from best buy, couldn't get that much elsewhere, I tried and I got the Asus ROG Zephryus M16 which has a 3060 RTX in it. It's pretty good so far but the most annoying thing about it is the fan is crazy loud I notice and also the top part just above the numbers gets extremely extremely hot during gaming, never had that issue with my predator at all which I find somewhat concerning but I am able to keep an eye on the temperature and it's been sitting pretty normal so far. I do like that it has a fingerprint login, not sure if the other one would have that. Also I was reading that this one appears to be brighter, not for sure though.
(This one: ASUS ROG 16" WQXGA 165Hz Gaming Laptop Intel Core i9 16GB Memory NVIDIA RTX3060 1TB SSD Off Black GU603HM-211.ZM16 - Best Buy)

Today, I just decided to randomly double check and realized there is an MSI GS76 Stealth which has a 3070 RTX in it which I discovered last night had dropped from being above my budget to being just under it meaning I could return the one I have and get that one but I know not all gaming laptops are created equal although I am wondering if the extra 2gb of vram for these would be worth it or not.
(This one: MSI GS76 17.3" FHD 360hz Gaming Laptop Intel Core i9 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 1TB SSD 32GB Memory GS7611257 - Best Buy )

It seems like a better idea to switch but not quite sure what I'd be giving up, there seems to be a lot of mixed and different versions floating around. I am also noticing some articles saying based on power supply and clock speed that the 3060 could be better as well in comparison. Currently, I'm playing BF2042 Open Beta, Deathloop, and Far Cry 6 on it which seem to run pretty damn good on the M16, haven't had any issues or stuttering yet at all aside from the top getting hot so I only play for a little while then let it cool down for a bit.

To be honest at this point I am very confused at this point and feel like maybe I should stick with what I have? Thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated before my return/trade window closes. thanks in advance!

-Kade

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Imanuel Laptop General Discussion 7
CuriousFox123 Laptop General Discussion 2
aeSeixas Laptop General Discussion 0
C Laptop General Discussion 1
adelep2021 Laptop General Discussion 0
H Laptop General Discussion 1
Smokey Mc Laptop General Discussion 6
L Laptop General Discussion 1
kk4325 Laptop General Discussion 3
R Laptop General Discussion 1