Question Gaming laptop switching from battery to AC

_HyperX_

Commendable
Feb 21, 2017
Hi i have a gaming laptop , not sure what kind it is however it has the same body and specs as the MSI gs70 , it has an i7 4710HQ and a GTX 870M with 16GB ram 120gb mSATA ssd and a 1TB hdd , the problem is that when i run something high demanding such as a game that uses my GTX 870M the laptop runs the game fine for a few seconds then lags for a few seconds and keeps doing it over and over, i had already tried checking temps they were fine and even repsated the cpu and gpu just incase, however i noticed that when i tabbed out to look at my battery icon , the icon kept switching from the charging state to being on battery life constantly , i had ordered a new power brick but the problem still occured although slighty different. My question is , is there anything i can do to fix it? Like i read somewhere about this MSI laptop needing a BIOS update to fix power delivery issues or something however in my laptop bios it doesnt have an option to update the bios , i really dont know what to do. is my laptop just broken?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jojo319 Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 0
ryand18 Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 0
RazerMackham Laptop General Discussion 2
M Laptop General Discussion 0
harhar1230 Laptop General Discussion 0
Dudamesh Laptop General Discussion 4
D Laptop General Discussion 1
firstlov Laptop General Discussion 3
X Laptop General Discussion 1