Gaming laptop under 1000 dollars

TheFireSpirit14

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014
1) What is your budget? under 900 dollars would be nice. Nothing over 1000 as this is a gift to me.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
anything above like 13' is good

3) Where will you buying this notebook? Online (preferably the laptops site or amazon or newegg) and It will be shipped to the US

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Any that get the job done.
b. Dislike: not really, I've heard bad things about Acer but if it works well, it works well.
5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? I'd would really like new. Refurbished or used technology really turns me off.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Gaming and video editing mostly

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? It will be going from my moms house to my dads but eventually sitting on a table.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? Minecraft, skyrim, half life 2 and all episodes, Borderlands Team fortress 2, CoD, League of Legends, Need for speed, sonic racing and transformed, sonic generations, and other games from steam.

9) How many hours of battery life do you need? If it works, it works. 3 or more would be nice.

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? I would love to see what is on it! i do not want to fly blind honesty

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows 7 or 8.1. I don't want mac or linux because it can't play a lot of the games i want and i am not emulating them.

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? It doesn't really matter but the better the resolution the happier I am!

13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen? It doesn't matter to me

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? I'd like a newer looking one, something thats sharper but it isn't too important. I would like a backlit keyboard but it is not a must.

15) When are you buying this laptop? Before christmas this year (2014)

16) How long do you want this laptop to last? As long as possible! 3 at least honestly

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive? at least 750 GB (7200 rpm would be nice but 5400 is fine) SSD isnt very important to me but if you have one with it then sure

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner? Meh its not necessary but any will do if its under my budget.

Also a side note. I need a dedicated graphics card, the nicer, the better, at least 8 gb of RAM, i7 (4MB cache is nice as i have heard) processor would be amazing with at least 2 GHz, and a touchscreen isn't needed but would be lovely. it does NOT have to be a legit gaming laptop so please dont say something like "for 1000 you wont get a very good gaming laptop" or "build your own desktop, its cheaper" I want a laptop so i can bring it to my mom or dads easily and be able to go to friends houses or my sisters easily.