Gaming laptop under 700 euros

Hopkins132

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hey, I currently have a Samsung R522 laptop, its been great for the 4 years it lasted. On it I have been playing many games, Counterstrike source and global offensive, crysis 1 and 2, skyrim...all of these games run on max settings with almost no fps issues (only sometimes, in areas which have lots of stuff going on), and they are the games i primarily play and will keep playing.
I'm looking for another laptop that will do me a similar 3-4 year service but for under 700 euros.

1. What is your budget?
700 euros, possibly 800 if it really makes a big difference.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15'- 17'
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1366x768 (most popular nowadays) or 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, but it can even be a larger than usual laptop.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Nothing under 2 unless its really necessary if i want a good deal, 3+ would be great but not required.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
counter strike global offensive at high, upcoming games like crysis 3 even at medium would be fine. Anyway, like i said this 4 year old computer runs crysis 2 on ultra no problems, so i think anything nowadays would too, correct me if im wrong.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Light video editing with sony vegas and music production with flstudio.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not really important...my current has 300 and i only used 150, so id say 300 again.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
amazon.com, or any trusted website that ships to Italy.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
cd/dvd writer and reader.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Samsung, Asus, Acer or other renowned brands. Preferably no HP or Sony but if the deal is good then yes. Absolutely no alienware or MSI.

13. What country do you live in?
Italy (Milan)
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I don't really understand that much about pc specs. I want a computer that can last me 3 years and handle up-coming games and programs. For example, I was using sony vegas 11 and photoshop 4, now that vegas 12 and ps5 came out i cant use them cus they require 64 bit and more RAM than I have (I have 4GB). I would like to avoid situations like this so to sum it up an all-around computer which will have no problems running anythinig in the coming 3-4 years.
Thank you for your time.