Gaming laptop under $800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxarini

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
So I need a laptop for school and I would like to play some games (GTA) in my free time. I would like a medium to light weight one that does not have a bunch of red LEDs and the words "GAMER" and "CHAMPION" written all over it.

I want it to look like a regular laptop and not a super high end one.

All I want is a cheap laptop that can play GTA 5 low to medium settings at 30 fps.

THANKS!

Solution
Ya I saw that one but skipped over it due to price. Definitely better with the i7. As far as the graphics go, the way I understand it is that it uses Intel HD graphics when you are at your desktop running apps or surfing and it switches to the Nvidia graphics when you load a game that needs it. This way it saves battery power when you are not playing a game. whichever one you get I'd stay with windows 8 until 10 gets sorted out. Lots of people here going from 10 back to 7 or 8.

Archaic59

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
No doubt a quad core would be better but you need to up the budget a little for that and still be able to get good graphics too. It does have an SSD which impressed me on a laptop below $1000.

Archaic59

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Ya I saw that one but skipped over it due to price. Definitely better with the i7. As far as the graphics go, the way I understand it is that it uses Intel HD graphics when you are at your desktop running apps or surfing and it switches to the Nvidia graphics when you load a game that needs it. This way it saves battery power when you are not playing a game. whichever one you get I'd stay with windows 8 until 10 gets sorted out. Lots of people here going from 10 back to 7 or 8.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.