Gaming laptop - wich to go for?

May 2, 2018
I am going to buy a used laptop. Going to play fallout 4, battlefield and arma dayz.

Here is the one im looking at:

GTX 1060 6gb
I7 7700HQ
15,6» screen
16gb ram
256ssd

For 990 USD

Or

GTX 1070 8gb
I7 6700hq
17» screen
16gb ram
256gb ssd

For 1300 USD

The sites are in norwegian, but click on «spesifikasjoner» to see the hardware. Hope it dosent complicate it.

Solution
My suggestion is to go for the one with the 1060. It will be more portable as well with the 15" screen. Use the money you save to get a big SSD to store your games on. A 256GB SSD is nice for a boot drive and for your every day programs and some picture and music storage, but games are going to fill it up quickly, especially games like Fallout 4. You'll see nice performance with the 1060, so there are no worries there. You are also VR Ready with that laptop, so if you are interested in that it is a possibility. I play Fallout 4 VR on a system with that hardware configuration and it works really well.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
My suggestion is to go for the one with the 1060. It will be more portable as well with the 15" screen. Use the money you save to get a big SSD to store your games on. A 256GB SSD is nice for a boot drive and for your every day programs and some picture and music storage, but games are going to fill it up quickly, especially games like Fallout 4. You'll see nice performance with the 1060, so there are no worries there. You are also VR Ready with that laptop, so if you are interested in that it is a possibility. I play Fallout 4 VR on a system with that hardware configuration and it works really well.

Solution