Gaming laptops with GTX 1060

Atylos

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
Hi guys! I've been searching for laptops with the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 at Amazon and newegg at a reasonable price for me (under $1200 would be ideal) and I found one from Eluktronics for $1030 with that GPU.

Here's it: https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA8S14XJ2628

Let me know what you think about its specs and also about Eluktronics please! If there are any other laptops under $1200 with GTX 1060 I would love to know. Thanks!

Solution
Yeah, you should have no problem with those games, should be getting 45+ fps depending on your setting. For me personally, I would upgrade memory to 16 - 32 gb. Some games like Batman Arkham Knight recommend 12 gb and the recommendation is just gonna increase with future games. And I would also add an extra HDD for better storage. Well, thunderbolt 3 is useful for various reasons. The main one for me is for possible eGPU connection so that the laptop can be future-proof somehow.

Atylos

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016

Hi! Thanks a lot! Lol, Ive actually misunderstood that point, I thought it was related to BIOS system, thanks for advicing me.. So, do you think the one you linked has everything Id need to have a couple of games installed and play them at high graphics? I pretend to play The Witcher 3, GTA V and maybe other ones with good hardware requisites.
Do you think the memory could be an issue or not at all?

And about the thunderbolt 3 connection I don't really think it would be a must have for me. I think Im fine without it.

Yoyoyo29

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
Yeah, you should have no problem with those games, should be getting 45+ fps depending on your setting. For me personally, I would upgrade memory to 16 - 32 gb. Some games like Batman Arkham Knight recommend 12 gb and the recommendation is just gonna increase with future games. And I would also add an extra HDD for better storage. Well, thunderbolt 3 is useful for various reasons. The main one for me is for possible eGPU connection so that the laptop can be future-proof somehow.

Solution

Clamyboy74

Estimable
Oct 25, 2014
Eluktronics is a reseller of Clevo, who produces these laptops. Generally, clevo laptops are very good for the price (especially the gtx 1060 one) and their build quality is good, better than other manufacturers (MSI, Gigabyte, Asus). Heres a video review that someone did, bear in mind that it has an ssd/more ram, but the cpu, gpu, case, and screen the exactly the same (except for the g-sync) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO7X-sd9Hqc